Anime Studio 6 Info

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

realsnake

Post by realsnake »

I don't think I'm done with AS 5.6, there are still loads of hidden techn. need to be discovered, at least for me :shock:
Last edited by realsnake on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit: My blog
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chucky wrote:Hey Wes, I'm surprised you would only test avi's with a divx encoding.
I'm also I'm surprised that you would use that as your benchmark for a working import. Pretty harsh judgement there bud (respect :) )
divx although being fairly common I guess, :?, is not a format I would recommend for any creative video endeavour until it came to ENcoding; and even then.....pooh :roll:
The only converter I happen to have at the moment doesn't do MOV and only does DivX or Xvid AVI. BTW, both of those work in 5.6, neither in 6.
chucky

Post by chucky »

The only converter I happen to have at the moment doesn't do MOV and only does DivX or Xvid AVI
Yucky! It's alright , I'll walk it off.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Just so ya know, I was only looking to use those to track to. I've never output from that. :wink:
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

What's so wrong with divx? I use divx and On2's flv for web format all the time. And neither are bad for video testing. But I use Lagarith if I plan to convert to dvd.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Lost Marble wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:What happened to the ctrl+F5 to reload scripts? This is absolutely needed for script development.
It's been changed to Alt+F5. There was a conflict on Mac, I believe. Anyway, it's Alt+F5.
[/quote]

Actually its Ctrl+Alt+F5 on Windows. And for some reason Alt+F4 crashes (or closes?). Is that suppose to do something?

We've also noticed that the lua console no long gives syntax errors, and the script reload doesn't reload files open in an editor (as 5.6 did). We're eagerly awaiting some word on this, as some of us (me) will not be able to script as it is.

Also, the trouble I was having with graph mode is that it doesn't show the selected bone angle channel.

Should we go ahead and just start a version 6 bug thread? I mean, if we are seeing the final version here, then it would make sense. Otherwise it may not.

:wink:
PocketGoat

Post by PocketGoat »

Alt+F4 is the standard shortcut to close a program, so I would assume that's what it's doing.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

synthsin75 wrote: We've also noticed that the lua console no long gives syntax errors, and the script reload doesn't reload files open in an editor (as 5.6 did). :
Wes,

Just to be clear here, I can reload scripts that are open in an editor as long as they didn't contain any syntax errors to begin with (or have them currently). IOW, as long as they "work" they can indeed be reloaded as you make changes.

What doesn't work, clearly, is that any gross syntax errors will not only not load the script but cause AS to hang up if you try reloading that script. When I say gross I mean even leaving out a paren, but it DOES catch contexual errors (like variable scoped incorrectly). That's what's confusing -- it's not an either/or situation.
chucky

Post by chucky »

G'day g'day , just on the format thing,publishing in divx is one thing, as I did actually say...
is not a format I would recommend for any creative video endeavour until it came to ENcoding; and even then.....pooh
Using as source material inside a document that later gets published is basically asking for any amount of artefacts and is far from 'professional' practice, but that's cool I understand that it might be needed sometimes.

After all, I know even CNN use mobile phone images for newsflashes but we know that is an entirely different proposal. ASPRO is essentially a controlled environment so there is great reason to use heavily compressed video and I understand it's support wouldn't be that high on any list. :) :)
windstormer

Post by windstormer »

I'm curious why Smith Micro is not showing the latest version of Anime Studio Debut in their online store when the latest version is already out at Walmart?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Mike,

AS far as I can tell, using the ASP6 demo (and perhaps specifically trying to save or export with it) is making ASD6 registered crash on the save screens of export or save. This could be bad news for anyone who purchases ASD6 and is thinking about upgrade to ASP6, and wants to try it out. I have to uninstall both and reinstall ASD6 to get it working again.
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

Hi all

I tried it.... and... sorry guys but I won't buy it. The few new features are useless for me, while none of the things I was asking for is there.

I respect the work the programmer(s) did to make this new version, but it just doesn't worth to me, I mean : due to my own needs and my own way to work.

Instead, I'll keep on using the previous version, which stills usefull to me, but I start looking for another animation software to use in addition to ASP and so I prefer keeping my $120 for it.

Anyway, I'll still be checking every new versions and wait until my dream-coming-true version of ASP comes. ;)
________
Babi Mac
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

DominiqueBray wrote:Hi all

I tried it.... and... sorry guys but I won't buy it. The few new features are useless to me, while none of the things I was asking for is there.

Anyway, I'll still be checking every new versions and wait until my dream-coming-true version of ASP comes. ;)
Umm..... OK so I'll bite:

What is it that you're looking for in new features?
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

I don't want to hijack this thread, I already talked about the features I want in the feature request. ;)

I wanted ASP to become my ultimate animation tool so I could do everything with it, without having to use any other software, not anymore photoshop, openCanvas, Blender... (If it was, I would gladly pay it $400)

But finally, here is the new version, with new features, that some people enjoy, but which are useless for me while I still miss some features that are important for me. I won't say that it is bad, it just doesn't fit my own needs.

The most important thing I was hopping for is a far better 3d management, and there is no change there. I decided to go 2d while coming from 3d animation world, so I often miss 3d features. I would love to be able to animate a 2d toon in a real 3d world, or fake 3d/2d objects in a real 3d world. But ASP's 3d management is so too many basic... It just renders the higher layer in front of the lower layer, whatever the z-axis values are... Read this..

The particles system is not as accurate as the ones I was used to work with, I quite like it though, but it has a strange bugs that make too many object following each over. ( I complained here, we found a way to mess about to make it work, but it really should be fixed. )

I find it uneasy to get really-smooth lines in my drawings. There should be a feature that lets you select a few points and click "make this lines smoother", letting you choose the amount of smoothness you want. Or maybe we should have a kind of bezier curves instead of just points.

There should also be a way to select some points and tell the program to change the number of points this line is made of, instead of just a "split curve" feature, it should let us decrease the number of dots while keeping the same shape.

I also would like ASP to be able to morph a shapes intro another one, without it having the same amount of points.

And so on... Maybe I will be more happy next time. Maybe I am too many demanding. I don't know.

By the way, is the single frame transparent png export bug fixed ?
________
No2 Vaporizer Review
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

There is a point reduction script somewhere in the scripting forum, which might suit your needs on that issue in 5.6.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the single frame transparent png export bug" - You can export a single frame as png and you get the transparency in it. You have to go to export though, not just ctrl+R render the frame.