I'm confused! (Anime studio 6)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bRiMaTiOn

I'm confused! (Anime studio 6)

Post by bRiMaTiOn »

Hi,
I've never posted here before but I like the place. I was at Wal-Mart today and noticed Anime Studio 6.0 Debut! $50.00 dollars. It was the same case but a little different color made it snazzier. I was pretty psyched and rushed home to hear all the hoop-lah, and... nada. It's not on the official site, people on a forum (!) aren't all over it, it doesn't exist.
So for the first time ever I'm going to let people on the internet know about a product first. Lol.
It looked the same pretty much. There was a lot of art of cartoons others had made. So you'll see that. It still has an open swing cardboard open thing.
The new color scheme is yellow and looks great. They had the word debut in the title and it made me wonder, what about in a half a year when it's not really a debut? Are Wal-marts around here special? I'll have to get it then.
They made a big deal about youtube uploads. So that must be easier. The interface was redone. I think it was a darker grey and it looked bigger. Still pretty familiar. They also said there were some updated drawing tools.
Bones were mentioned and I'm hoping a little easier to use. That's just me though.
Right. Unbelievable that it looks like I'm the only one in the know. Ask me about it and I'll tell you everything! I'll snag it up and scan it if I can! But yeah, start easy on me.
Or! Just go ahead and flood me with the facts. I'd appreciate it.

bRiMaTiOn

PS (edit) I totally forgot. I have a website called brimationstudios.com. It is no big deal from a professional stand point. It does have three of my short films though. The blog has clearer videos of them though.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Are you kidding with us??
Can you post some pictures?
Is it possible they did us the same again?... I have fighting feelings, I hope it be true, we have waited a new version so long... but I hope it be false, I really wished to be beta tester!!

Well, If it's true, I suppose tomorrow Mike will talk.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok, the only link I found is this
http://www.amazon.ca/Smith-Micro-Softwa ... B002ABMVD6
But there are no images or info. Just one little thing, it says Anime Studio Debut 6 will be released in June 21.
bRiMaTiOn

Post by bRiMaTiOn »

I saw it on provantage.com

If you type anime studio 6 debut into google you find it.

This is so weird. When I see stuff in stores, I get online and a hundred people have already compared and told me the strengths and weaknesses of it.

But yeah I got to move my budget around a little bit. I'm sure someone will show up with all the info.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Cool. Hey, does it have my Happy Land characters on the box?

http://www.happyland.co.za

They asked if they could use some images. Could you take a photo of the box for us to see? Thanks in advance.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

What?!! We haven't even hear about the beta testing, which was promised to be done by forum members. Did SM not get enough bad feedback from the last update snafu?
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

Ahm..., nice..., version 6, ...

I'll keep my eyes open
And I found this by the way
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anime-Studio-Tr ... 407&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.com/Anime-Studio-Pro- ... 719&sr=8-1

"Anime Studio Pro 5 Training CD (A practical way to master Anime Studio Pro 5)"
69.95 british pound 2 CD
and 99.95 US $

I wonder if it is worth to get it...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Can you please post some screenshots?
I'm sad, I had so much material which wanted to give to SM. A lot of rigged and animated anmes. Well, they will have to wait until version 7.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Maybe some special deal with Wal-Mart? Let them have it a few weeks before the rest of the world in order to get it on their shelves? Even the SmithMicro website still mentions AS 5. Weird
macaye

Post by macaye »

selgin wrote:Can you please post some screenshots?
I'm sad, I had so much material which wanted to give to SM. A lot of rigged and animated anmes. Well, they will have to wait until version 7.
I see that version 6 is Vista compatable - wonder if that includes Vista 64? Version 5.6 seems to have lost its transparency abilities in V64 - wonder what else is missing - anyone experienced problems like this?

mac
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Can I be the voice of skepticism?

First of all, let me say that I won't doubt the original poster. Which is to say, I'll trust for a moment he's not a troll and is genuinely trying to be helpful here. But...

No mention on the Smith-Micro site, no hit on the U.S. Amazon.com (forgive me, Canadians -- just how likely is it that it wouldn't hit here first?), no mention here (when we know that Mike is back and certainly knows about the forum he created): I remain very very skeptical this is true.

What it is I won't say (because it might involve hurting some folks feelings) but I'll bet a dollar there isn't any official version of Anime Studio 6, a real and true upgrade, out there yet. Just my gut talking (with some facts to back it up).
madriver

Post by madriver »

mkelley wrote:Can I be the voice of skepticism?

First of all, let me say that I won't doubt the original poster. Which is to say, I'll trust for a moment he's not a troll and is genuinely trying to be helpful here. But...

No mention on the Smith-Micro site, no hit on the U.S. Amazon.com (forgive me, Canadians -- just how likely is it that it wouldn't hit here first?), no mention here (when we know that Mike is back and certainly knows about the forum he created): I remain very very skeptical this is true.

What it is I won't say (because it might involve hurting some folks feelings) but I'll bet a dollar there isn't any official version of Anime Studio 6, a real and true upgrade, out there yet. Just my gut talking (with some facts to back it up).
Sooo....is someone trying to scam money from AS users? :x
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I remember version 5.6 came in similar way. somebody tell all us Hey, in content paradise is already uploaded the new version. That became in the fury of all of us, specially vern.
Personally, I won't 100% believe until to see a screenshot or something. Anyway, maybe there are some beta testers selected already, maybe we never knew. I'm not a beta tester, but they could be between us all this time :?

Can anybody take a look on his closer walmart?, I'm in Chile, so the closest is several kms away in Argentina, and even so, I don't think they have AS 6...
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

I'm not sure this is real, but there's also a "new listing" for AS Pro 6 for $168 on http://www.provantage.com/smith-micro-a ... LLU02L.htm - I have no idea how reliable this vendor is, never heard of them before.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It is also on the shelf at my local Walmart. The clerk said it had been there for about a week. (I made a special trip when I saw this topic).

p.s. At first the clerk said they had had it for 3 or 4 months but then she laughed and said she was only joking about that and really had no idea how long it had been there. I didn't pursue it any further. I think her boyfriend was trying to get her attention... or it might have been a flirty customer... who knows at the Walmart. I certainly wasn't being flirty. I don't think I know how to be flirty. I could do a lot worse though. I mean she DOES have a job. ;)

-vern