A New Kid Is Born...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Freakish Kid

A New Kid Is Born...

Post by Freakish Kid »

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you know that the new site is up and running.

We've re-branded the company and taken it back to it's former name of Freakish Kid.

The site has a lot to look at, the latest films and news of what the company is doing. There is also an Art Of section that will grow over the coming months. It documents the work process of each project showing you the animatics, designs and other goodies from the productions.

We hope you guys enjoy it.

So for now - this is the last post as GreyKid Pictures.

http://www.freakishkid.com

Onwards and upwards!!!

GK
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Inspirational stuff.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
human

Post by human »

Wow, you really spill the beans on page

http://freakishkid.com/?cat=31

An articulate and compelling account, worthy of the great art.

This is just the kind of explanation your fans on the board seem to be asking for.
knunk

Post by knunk »

FK rocks!!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice site, but I'm curious. Do you still use ASP? I noticed you mention Flash for storyboarding, but I couldn't find any reference to ASP. Would there be any professional backlash from admitting using what may be considered "amateur" software?

Personally, this is your hero status around here.

:wink:
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

synthsin75 wrote:Nice site, but I'm curious. Do you still use ASP? I noticed you mention Flash for storyboarding, but I couldn't find any reference to ASP. Would there be any professional backlash from admitting using what may be considered "amateur" software?

Personally, this is your hero status around here.

:wink:
All our animation work is done in ASP. Even the 3d car chase from As Seen On TV. We mentioned flash because we usually did boards traditionally. We don't like to go into details about software, its not the software that we should be celebrating but the talent. You'll notice there's no real reference to our compositing software, editing software or project management software either.

FK
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Great site! And I love that you have the "Art of" sections.
Cluckie the Vampire Chicken has gorgeus art.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Wow! some fantastic work there guys, well done!
Love all the 'art of' stuff, look forward to seeing more-especially some animation wip :wink:

You say even the 3d car chase was done in AS? Did you somehow take the 3d models of the cars into Anime Studio or is there some crazy 2.5d style trick that I'm unaware off?

Regardless it looks great!
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

donnie wrote:Wow! some fantastic work there guys, well done!
Love all the 'art of' stuff, look forward to seeing more-especially some animation wip :wink:

You say even the 3d car chase was done in AS? Did you somehow take the 3d models of the cars into Anime Studio or is there some crazy 2.5d style trick that I'm unaware off?

Regardless it looks great!
Models were built in another software, elements were seperated - things that needed to move, like the wheels etc, then brought into ASP and animated.

FK
AniPierre

Post by AniPierre »

Dear God...I am truly floored. This is an incredible website and I'm really looking forward to additional "Art Of" sections.

Thank you for being so open when it comes to revealing your work and the process that goes into it!

Pierre
http://pierreportfolio.blogspot.com/
KenW

Post by KenW »

FK,

Your new site is awesome and gives some great insight into your workflow and methodology. I was wondering about the Unicum spots that were on your old sight. These were splendidly done and I was just curious as to if you still produce for this client and will the animation for these spots be shown on the Freakish Kid site.

Thanks Again for your inspiring work!
:)
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

KenW wrote:FK,

Your new site is awesome and gives some great insight into your workflow and methodology. I was wondering about the Unicum spots that were on your old sight. These were splendidly done and I was just curious as to if you still produce for this client and will the animation for these spots be shown on the Freakish Kid site.

Thanks Again for your inspiring work!
:)
We may post them up in a link one day, at present we dont have any plans to.

FK
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

Beautiful stuff! so inspiring, I'm expecting quality increasing at the "Share Your Work" forum, from all members, thanks to your "art of".
Thank you!
Antonin_K

Post by Antonin_K »

Yeah, Great site Man! :D
I hope see you soon Mr. Freakish!
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Nice Website Grey-er..FreakishKid!