Where did you learn Anime Studio?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aleXean

Where did you learn Anime Studio?

Post by aleXean »

Hey,

I have been messing around with ASP and am stuck on getting bones down but I am working on it.

I wanted to know where did you guys learn ASP? Are there any specific video tutorials, besides the one from the help section on bones.

Thanks!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In case you missed it, the best place to learn (as I did) is from the tutorials in Help>Help..., as opposed to the Help>Online Tutorials.

:wink:
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Thanks Ill check it out. Although I am trying not to avoid binding bones... I think.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Wait, sweet I just got down Leg bones.

Moving on too torso!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I didn't read the tutorial when started with Moho. Actually, I did it one or two years after, when I really know all the basics. But I'm not a good example. Go and read the tutorial, however you will learn faster than I did.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

The tutorials that came with Moho were the best. Just read them slowly, understand everything they tell you, and do the examples. Otherwise, you can try the magic wand thing where you wave a wand over your head and say abra cadabra but that doesn't always work.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

ololol. I will give em a go. I am learning more, right now just trying to rig a simple character so I need to figure out how to rig the torso.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Hey sorry for the double post but I need some help.

I am finally understanding the other way to rigging an arm, but when I move the fore arm joint above the shoulder it goes white as if it is behind it... how do you fix it?
donnie

Post by donnie »

You have to have the shoulder (upper arm) and forearm as two different shapes.

Either by having them on two seperate layers (in a 'traditional' cutout style), or by putting a 'join' at the elbow area with a vector line and creating two shapes on the one layer (with the same colour).

The problem you are seeing is due to having the one shapes outline vector-line overlap its own inner shape.

Sorry if that sounds confusing-I'm sure someone else could explain it better!? (I would have drawn an example but don't have the time right now).
El Samo

Post by El Samo »

The way I'm learning AS standard:

I printed all the tutorials and the rest of the informative pages. The tutorials aren't comprehensive, you had to read all the "Help" pages. Total pages? 206. Bind'em. I didn´t print tutorials for the "Pro" version.

I did all the tutorials, but not just the exercises: I tried to re-create ALL the images involved. And again, I found that the manual doesn't explain everything. You have to read, try it, read again.

I take the printed pages to all places; read them in a bus, at work, everywhere. So in the night, when I can work in AS at home, I have new ideas, new approaches.

I bought AS three weeks ago. So, I'm not a good animator yet. But I'm on my way... sort of. I found out that the long, boring way is the easiest way.
banjar

Re: Where did you learn Anime Studio?

Post by banjar »

aleXean wrote:Hey,

I have been messing around with ASP and am stuck on getting bones down but I am working on it.

I wanted to know where did you guys learn ASP? Are there any specific video tutorials, besides the one from the help section on bones.

Thanks!
The VTC Anime Studio Pro Tutorials by Mark Bremmer are excellent and very thorough, well worth the money spent.

I hope VTC has an upgrade when the new version of ASP hits the market.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Donnie - Thanks Ill try it!

El Samo - That sounds like a really good idea actually. Where did you print those off of? And I have pro so I need those tutorials asap!

Banjar - Oh boy new ASP? I just got pro a couple months ago!
El Samo

Post by El Samo »

Thanks, aleXean. They're just the pages found in Help>Help. I printed them in "letter" size but I got blank spaces in several pages; I don't kinow if that could be prevented printing in "Legal" size. Besides, that could reduce your page count (I printed both sides).

Just by reading the "layers" section you'll get many, many ideas. Not to mention the "Bone layers" and "Bone Tools" pages.
I'm the slowest wallet south of Pecos... I'm El Cheapo!
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

For sure dude, I'm gonna use that thanks!

But right now I have my finished animation right. So right now I need to export it so I can edit it in Windows Movie Maker ( unfortunately that's all I have for the time being )

What file format should I export too?
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

aleXean wrote:For sure dude, I'm gonna use that thanks!

But right now I have my finished animation right. So right now I need to export it so I can edit it in Windows Movie Maker ( unfortunately that's all I have for the time being )

What file format should I export too?
WMM only accepts uncompressed avi files, wmv files, or dv-avi files for editing. At least that has been my experience. For our first animated movie we exported each "scene" (Anime file) out of Anime as a mov file with the soundtrack (Sorenson 3 compression) and then converted to a dv-avi to import into WMM (dv-avi are very large files, but not as large as uncompressed avis).

For our HD short cartoons we export out of Anime each Anime file as an uncompressed avi without the soundtrack. Then we use Windows Media Encoder for Vista to encode the uncompressed avi file (which is HUGE!) to a workable compressed HD wmv file. We then import the wmv file into WMM add the sound track and publish out of WMM with the HD 720p option to make a "HD" wmv file.

Just what we do. I am sure others have better ways for exporting and importing Anime files/animations into WMM.

http://iguessineedajob.wordpress.com/