weird problem with holes in shape

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

salp42

weird problem with holes in shape

Post by salp42 »

i was making a car and i wanted the window to be clear so i made a shape around where the window would be. And i made it a shape but the spot that isn't suppose to be colored is colored when i render it, but when it is not rendered it isn't colored. So how do i fix this?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That's one of those things we'd probably have to see the file to sort out. It's usually something very small causing this. Impossible to guess at though.

:wink:
salp42

Post by salp42 »

i fixed it. i made two extra points next to the hole and then made the shape and it worked.
GraphicAnime

Opposite effect: Holes appear where they are not suppose to

Post by GraphicAnime »

I have an opposite effect with my project. I've created the bone system for turning the head, which is based on DK's tutorial.

When I do a test render, the character's left side of the forehead disappears when I animate it.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... st0032.jpg

I wonder if it's because there are not enough CP's? It only happens to that one side.

Thanks,
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Very nice looking character there, GA. First thing I'd try is deleting and recreating that shape. If that fails, I'd try creating that shape where it disappears and copy its keyframes back to frame zero.

Usually it has something to do with how the shape was created (i.e. extraneous points or something).

GraphicAnime

Post by GraphicAnime »

I fixed the issue. I deleted some extra CPs.

I have another question.
The head of the profile stance was done on the 24th frame by using the bone rig. I want to copy the modified CP's on frame 24 and paste them to frame 0. I'm unable to do this. Is there a way AS Pro can allow you to do this?

here is the sample image
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... e--two.jpg (These are based on Villikon Chronicle's Characters).
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

If I understand you correctly (and I may not) you want to create a new shape based on the changes of a shape caused by bone manipulation.

If that's the case, there appears to be at least one script out there that does this -- the Copy/Paste Points script. It's not a very straightforward script to use/understand, at least from first glance, but it ought to do what you want.
GraphicAnime

Post by GraphicAnime »

Yes, I wanted to be able to copy the changes caused by the bone manipulation, either copy them on a new layer, or copy over those changes onto the same layer at frame 0.
there appears to be at least one script out there that does this -- the Copy/Paste Points script. It's not a very straightforward script to use/understand, at least from first glance, but it ought to do what you want.
Do you know what the link is to this script?

Thanks,
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

viewtopic.php?t=10551&highlight=script+pack

This is the only place I know to look for many scripts.