Import Flash or an idea how to do this ...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Import Flash or an idea how to do this ...

Post by bupaje »

Is there any way to get Flash into Moho as video? I tried to capture a Flash sequence with Wink and convert it using a free program I found Swf2Avi but it doesn't work with files that require interaction -all I get is the Wink loading animation.

I have found a copy of LifeForms 3.5 I got on an old Digit Magazine CD and installed it. I played back some animations and thought it might be cool to export the animation of the bones and try to use that as a movie to line up Moho bones to generate some nice smooth animations. Unfortunately my efforts to save the bone animation preview as a series of png's or as a movie file always seem to shut down LifeForms each time. That's why I finally tried to use Wink to capture it but had the problem mentioned above.

Any ideas of another way to do this also welcome. Tons of free Mocap around and might be worth a try.

By the way, check out Digit and a few similar UK mags if you get the chance. The new LifeForms is around $500 but if you get the free version from the mag (around $14 on my newstand) the upgrade is about $85. That's how I started with Carrara as well getting a cheaper upgrade a while back.
jorgy

Use Flash MX

Post by jorgy »

I realize that you may not have flash itself, just the swf files generated by other programs. However, Flash MX (and later, I assume) is able to export a flash animation as QuickTime, and therefore should be able to be imported into moho.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hmmm.... I actually had gotten a copy of Flash 5 a couple years back after I tech reviewed a 'Flash for Dummies' style book -I was one of the dummies they used for the test. ;) Maybe I'll install that and see if that does it -thanks.