VTC Anime Studio Pro Video Tutorial

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ronbo

VTC Anime Studio Pro Video Tutorial

Post by Ronbo »

VTC has finally released their video tutorial for ASP 5. You can see a full chapter list and check out several freebie movies here:

http://www.vtc.com/products/Anime-Studi ... orials.htm
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hmm... didn't work so well. Flash never showed up (got audio) QT version just never started. I have the latest of both so I don't know what the issue is.

-vern
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

That's odd, vern. I was able to view them okay in both Quicktime and Flash on my Intel iMac. Maybe try a different browser?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

they work for me. I'm working right now, but I'll watch soon.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Ah, yes, I well remember someone saying this would be out around April. And, so far, it *still* isn't out (call me a skeptic, but it looks to me as if there are many months left of work on this. Maybe not, but...)

In any case, after reviewing the table of contents, it doesn't look like it will be all that useful to anyone who's actually USED AS for a few months. Not bad for a beginner, though, and I'm guessing that's the target audience.

(Someone somewhere still needs to do an advanced AS book/tutorial/whatever. Unfortunately, those of us who could do it are probably too busy animating... :>)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Once their all done (or pay to watch?), they will be a fairly comprehensive guide for newbies. But nothing some searching through this forum couldn't teach you, and definitely nothing really advanced.

:wink:
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I'm guessing you fellows are not familiar with VTC or Lynda.com? Perhaps you got the impression that it's not finished because most of the movies are greyed out? I assure you it's ready for purchase. Mine's ordered and on the way. Prospective buyers/subscribers are only allowed to view the first couple of chapters to gauge whether or not they feel the tutorials would be helpful to them.

And yes, it probably wouldn't be helpful to experienced users like yourselves but I tend to doubt that we'll ever see an advanced video for ASP, or at least not for quite a while.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Ronbo wrote:Prospective buyers/subscribers are only allowed to view the first couple of chapters to gauge whether or not they feel the tutorials would be helpful to them.
In that case I think it would have been far better served to have at least one actual technique video displayed, rather than just the bare introductory stuff. It's almost impossible to tell anything about how this guy will teach from watching him *explain* how he's going to teach.

The other thing I wasn't impressed with was how dispassionate his commentary seemed. It actually had the tone of a more advanced video -- for beginners you really want to get them enthusiastic about the process (and this comes from someone who has taught for, oh, about 3 decades or so).

Still, I think you're right -- no advanced tuts are likely. And this is certainly better than nothing.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

mkelley wrote:
In that case I think it would have been far better served to have at least one actual technique video displayed, rather than just the bare introductory stuff.
Agreed.
chrisw

i just watched all of them

Post by chrisw »

well i just went threw all of the videos and for the 30 bucks its well worth it you can buy the dvds for 99 or just sine up and watch online for 30$ it took me about 2 weeks to watch them all and i learn way better watching then reading?? for some maybe the opposite i bought the book by kelly murdock and went threw it and it helped but the videos buy vtc was it for me !!!! now sure any one thats a pro isnt going to learn much but even if you learn one thing that saves you time and headache gots to be worth 30 bucks sense im a noob to as pro this vides are soo worth the money i didn't know about vtc at all till this post was made and i signed up for it.. im going to renew next month too they have some rhino classes and vegas class i want to go threw sooo if your new to as for 30 buck and about 2 week and a hr a day you cant beat it
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Now that is a long sentence...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Hmmm, I wonder if there are any English composition tutorials on that site... <bg>.
chrisw

haha

Post by chrisw »

ya that's why i learn better via video I'm dyslexic and cant spell or figure out Darn paragraphs, lol but i still got a bs deg thank god for my wife and word/grammar check in word lol ..oww and the video's get pretty advance more so then Kelly's book ??
chucky

Post by chucky »

Sorry chrisw, having trouble comprehending..... could you post a video response instead? :wink:
Aside from smart mouthing, I do agree video can illustrate tutes much more efficiently.
human

Post by human »

hey, go easy on the guy

don't be so quick to assume that everybody is just lazy

thanks for your input, chrisw