VTC Anime Studio Pro Video Tutorial

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Re: VTC Anime Studio Pro Video Tutorial

Post by drumlug13 »

Good luck Mark!

Keep us updated. You're tutorials were enormously helpful when I was just trying to get a grasp on AS.
Adam
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

CartoonSmart.com has started doing ToonBoon tutorials. Perhaps they would be interested in hosting some Anime Studio tuts too! At one point they has some really impressive Blender tutorials but they got dated and the author decided not to keep up so they dropped it. I know you do Carrara so this may work out really well....or not. :?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I see VTC.com has elevated ASP9 to About To Be Released status.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

The problem I see with VTC stuff is that most of it is just a tour of the interface which you can usually get through the software companies website or YouTube. If you want project based tutorials, which is really the way to learn, then you have to go to one of the other software training sites. This is why I finally dropped VTC after several years of dedicated usage. Also, it seems like there is only a couple of people who are doing a large chunk of the training instead of one person who really knows their stuff per program. At least that is my impression. :wink:
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Personally, I think that going through an application's interface and tools showing unrelated examples of what the software can do tends to be fairly common to many tutorials, no matter who produces them. I've always appreciated more of a project-oriented tutorial approach. As far as VTC is concerned, here is one example of an After Effects tutorial in which the author begins with the usual review of interface, panels, and tools, but finishes the tutorial with three different projects to show how all these tools are actually put to use in a real-world situation.

http://www.vtc.com/products/Adobe-After ... orials.htm

I subscribe to several tutorial sites because each tends to focus more in certain areas than others and I like experiencing a wider range of instructors. For example, as far as 2D animation is concerned, you can find PLENTY of Flash or After Effects tuts on these sites but that's about it. Lynda.com has totally ignored other 2D apps until very recently when they released one for Toon Boom Animate. VTC has tuts for Toon Boom Studio and is the only one of these sites that offers Anime Studio Pro tuts. TVPaint Animation tutorials cannot be found on any of these sites.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think even project-based tutorials start with the tour of the interface. Then they quickly advance to the project base tutorial style. I'm not saying that VTC is void of project base content. I do think this is a new addition though. I think most of the tutorial videos that are available through Smith Micro on Anime Studio Pro are interface based and they're absolutely FREE. The missing ingredient with interfaced base versus project base tutorials is that they lack the "tweening" involved between the interface and a actual project.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Now that I think about it, I believe that a title can actually sit on the About to be Released status for months.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

The tutorial is now released: http://www.vtc.com/products/Anime-Studi ... orials.htm

The instructor is Chad Troftgruben.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

A few comments after taking a quick look at the new tutorial set:

1) Chad has done a good job with the tuts he created for Smith Micro, so if you liked those you will not be disappointed with the VTC production.
2) It is project-based. After going through the interface and tools, characters and scenes are developed for a single project, start-to-finish.
3) I find it very refreshing that he begins with brainstorming, scriptwriting, and storyboarding!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Nice! I like Chad's tutorials. I always meant to do that project based tutorial he did for ASP8. Perhaps when I finish the 2 projects I'm on now I will hit it up if its still available on his site and its still FREE?
awalker

Post by awalker »

Chad Troftgruben is also teaching an online course in anime studios as well as flash for beginners. Here's a link explaining:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb90skKf_7g
Mark Bremmer

Post by Mark Bremmer »

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago, Infinite Skills posted a series that I put together for them. I posted a little announcement a couple of weeks ago here in case you didn't see it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24361

Fun stuff. I think you may like it.

Mark
I have a dysfunctional need to create images and animations.
- - - -
Anime Studio Pro tutorials are here: www.markbremmer.com