What resolution in Moho for NTSC Widescreen DVD output?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jeff

Post by jeff »

No problem. I would just emphasise the reason for rendering it to higher resolution; namely, it's better to scale down down a bitmap than up. So output at 1024 x 576, then scale down to become NTSC anamorphic. Of course, you could do the whole thing at 1024 x 576, but unless you have a super fast computer, it will get sluggish at that resolution while you are animating. Being vector software, Moho itself is more or less resolution independent, but working at too high a resolution will slow down your display times. 720 x 405 goes nice and fast on my setup. Best of luck.

Jeff
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

jeff wrote:Of course, you could do the whole thing at 1024 x 576, but unless you have a super fast computer, it will get sluggish at that resolution while you are animating. Being vector software, Moho itself is more or less resolution independent, but working at too high a resolution will slow down your display times.
Jeff
I've got a P4 3.0Ghz with 2GBs of RAM so I should be fine. :)
Snudddy

Post by Snudddy »

Lost marble has updated the FAQ with resolution output information here on the forum!!

Thanks a thousand!!
cribble

Post by cribble »

Thanks LM for solving the problem... now lets all continue and live our lifes!
--Scott
cribble.net
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

OK, I'm using the 960x540 resolution for my NTSC Widescreen DVD output. I import it into After Effects and to get it to fit I have to scale it down to 90%. I thought when I imported it After Effects would rescale the media to fit in the 720x480 widescreen project. Who here has taken a square pixel project (widescreen or not) and imported to After Effects (or Final Cut or Avid or any other editing program) then exported to MPEG-2 for DVD playback?

edit- OK I got the test animation on DVD and it looks great! I used the 960x540 as LM said, imported to my editing app in a NTSC Widescreen project, scaled it to 90% so it fit perfectly horizontally, then exported to my DVD authoring app, burned and tested. Circles are all perfect and on a fullscreen TV you automatically get the black bars on top and bottom (as expected). I'm going to test out my widescreen HDTV tonight and I'll update this post tomorrow.