Animation Contest???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CrAzY Dan

Animation Contest???

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Hey!
I am really into moho and i checked out the site and found out that i had missed a moho animation contest.

Does anyone know when the next one will be??
If there is going to be one i'm up for it!

CrAzY Dan :lol:
Last edited by CrAzY Dan on Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

That was the first one ever, so there's no real schedule. Who else is interested in another contest? Any ideas for a theme/topic?
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

i have an idea of having one about things on another planet like aliens and things like that

Another idea! One about spoofs of films maybe

(i'm just trying out loads of ideas) :idea:
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Lost Marble wrote:Any ideas for a theme/topic?
I'll throw some random logs in the fire ..... first I'll suggest killing multiple birds with one stone by holding contests where the resulting entries will showcase Moho's abilities and provide example .moho files. Can still be fun and will help promote the product (sorry started out life in sales and marketing). ;)

1. Particle Effects - a contest that can include anything but where particle effect demo is a big part of the score.

2. 'Tell a story with these elements' post several required vector and or images and the challenge would be to incorporate these into a movie, adding others if you wish but using these. For example you might include a dog, a tree, an alien and a banana and we would animate these, adding additional art and effects if you want and try to come up with something diffferent. Aside from being fun seeing how everyone uses the same material differently it might allow the newer users and those who feel they can't draw to put something out there and get their feet wet.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

i like your 2nd idea bupaje because i ent been using moho for long
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I don't think the topic should be so specific. I liked the topic on the previous (first) contest; 5.

Something like that I think is better then having a strict topic. In the 5-contest all the entries were very different, and individual, and that I liked.
1. Particle Effects - a contest that can include anything but where particle effect demo is a big part of the score.
Sounds like a good idea.
1. 'Tell a story with these elements' post several required vector and or images and the challenge would be to incorporate these into a movie, adding others if you wish but using these. For example you might include a dog, a tree, an alien and a banana and we would animate these, adding additional art and effects if you want and try to come up with something diffferent. Aside from being fun seeing how everyone uses the same material differently it might allow the newer users and those who feel they can't draw to put something out there and get their feet wet.
I don't like this idea, if I've understood it correctly. I think you should do everything on you own. I don't like using premade objects, and I don't like watching animations done with premade objects. I like animation that has its own style.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next contest, whatever the topic might be!
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I'm on!
I saw some post here a while ago where someone, don't remeber who, suggested an ident for Moho as a competition, something that lost Marble could put as a starter for the films in the gallery.
I think this would be a great topic, A bit short pieces admittedly, but still a good idea.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

bupaje wrote:2. 'Tell a story with these elements' post several required vector and or images and the challenge would be to incorporate these into a movie, adding others if you wish but using these. For example you might include a dog, a tree, an alien and a banana and we would animate these, adding additional art and effects if you want and try to come up with something diffferent. Aside from being fun seeing how everyone uses the same material differently it might allow the newer users and those who feel they can't draw to put something out there and get their feet wet.
I like this idea a lot. Someone else had noted that they wanted to create everything on their own - maybe there is a happy medium? Instead of having to use "this" dog, "this" tree, "this" alien, and "this" banana, you could create your own, so long as you had "a" dog, "a" tree, "an" alien, and "a" banana. It seems to me to be a natural extension of the "5" theme from the previous contest.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Is anyone else interested in an animation contest?
If you are then keep posting ideas

CrAzY Dan
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

yeh i think i we are about due for another contest, i missed handing mine in last time because i had to move.
baronvonwink

Post by baronvonwink »

I am down for one!

ideas

- animate a sound clip that will be provided ( like 10 second club)

- a theme - like horror or love or aliens... or springtime... ninjas... etc.

but i am down for anything :!:
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Is there actually going to be another contest after all this :?:
LostAndFound

Post by LostAndFound »

What about,

1. A video clip for a song (copyrights could be an issue). Baronvonwink already suggested it
2. 3D + Video + 2D (any topic). This is challenging
3. Sports (e.g. soccer)
4. Advertising (any topic but with a commercial orientation)

Regards
LostAndFound//
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Lots of people are giving some great ideas!
Keep them coming!

I have an idea that there are names of characters that you have to use in your animation (there could be a little description of the character like his like/dislikes aswell) and see whos is the best.
stephen

Post by stephen »

The topic can be about someone who's lost, or is in the process of losing, their marbles. The marbles can be their mind, as in the expression "losing your mables" or actual marbles. Or maybe just incorporating "losing/lost my/your marbles" in the dialog.

Stephen