Just wondering

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dsaenz825

Just wondering

Post by dsaenz825 »

I would just like to know how long each of us take to draw and rig a character. Not a simple fast one, just the amount of time you usualy take.

I take like the most 2 hours (if I really want to be technical) but if it is a very complicated character then 4 hours.
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

2 to 4 hours sounds like my ballpark. I expect it to go faster as I continue to improve my workflow though. :wink:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Half a day (4h) for one character, one view. More if it really has to be perfect for a series.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

slowtiger wrote:Half a day (4h) for one character, one view. More if it really has to be perfect for a series.
ditto
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

I hear you slowtiger, if it is for a series (one that I try my best) I can last up to two or three days (4h per day) for one character; I try not to last that long though. :?
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Most of my character take about the same time as everyone else (2 to 4 hours). But one character, a robot, took almost 8 hours, due to its intricate head and body structure. And elaborte shading I wanted on it.

I suppose it's a matter of how much time you have to spend and how intricate you want to be.

FC Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I spend a lot more time drawing than rigging where possible... i tend to do really fast rigs to get a particular movement done rather than trying to do a 'universal' rig that can then be used for 'anything'... in my personal experience, doing so is a waste of time - i find rigging a character 3 times for specific reasons is more than 3 times faster and more flexible than spending hours doing a 'one-rig-to-rule-them-all' rig. (this might be different if i wasn't the only guy working in my pipeline :P)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

'one-rig-to-rule-them-all'
:lol: But....it's......my precious......
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

funkmaname wrote
i tend to do really fast rigs to get a particular movement done rather than trying to do a 'universal' rig that can then be used for 'anything'
I find this to be true. I've never been satisfied with a universal character. They never are able to do all things. I'd rather design and rig it for a specific scene than try and hammer another one in to fit.

FC Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.