Exporting a character

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

obleo

Exporting a character

Post by obleo »

Ok. So I'm a new AS user. A year or so ago I did some brief animations using Mojo, but nothing involving complex characters and skeletal structures. I've just now created a character in AS and set an action for him. Using this new script that everyone is so excited about I hope to be able to import the my character and his actions into an environment that I've built for him in another AS project file. However, I haven't even gotten as far as importing the actions, since I can't figure out how to get my character from one project to the other. AS has an obvious pulldown menu that allows one to import pre-made anime characters, so I assume this is possible.

Help...?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

File>import>anime studio object.

Find the file the character is in and it'll ask you to select the layer (group or bone) to import.

Actually, it sounds like you don't even need the script as the above method brings in actions and styles of that layer (and sub-layers).
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I save everything as broken down into groups. Like this

as project name> characters > Jim > frontview
as project name> characters > Jim > sideview

as project name> background > classroom >chair
as project name> background > classroom >table
as project name> background > classroom >blackboard

This way I can pull items form one project and reuse in another and be able to find them.

Dale
obleo

ok

Post by obleo »

I see. So that new script is only for applying actions to different characters?

Thanks so much guys!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

No, the new script is even more specific. You have to set up a skeleton with the same names for the bones as the original bones. So, in essence, the script copies the control layer of your character, not the character itself.