D.K
cribble

Post by cribble »

BLOW YOUR MIND. WOAAAHHH.
--Scott
cribble.net
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh my God! That is amazing! There were so many innovations in that short presentation. :shock:
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Not my mind. How boring was that presentation.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Wow -- that is absolutely amazing, particularly the end.

The last section, where the image information is "organized" spacially is about the equivalent to the kind of breakthrough the internet is to textual information. That offers SO many possibilities it is indeed mind blowing.

However, this was over a year ago and I've heard nothing yet about it being available anywhere. I wonder if there were technical difficulties we didn't know about (or if MS just can't figure out how to market it -- it's *almost* the kind of thing you need to make available for free, similar to the web itself, in order to fully exploit the power).
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Ideas (and demos) are cheap. It's the real product that is expensive. If you can see through the wonder and bling of a presentation, there's often not much substance left. Example: every Steve Jobs keynote. Remember that when he keeps his presentation in front of Apple zealots on the WWDC'08, on June 9, I believe.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

There's a tremendous amount of substance here, Rasheed -- the organization of that data from the web was outstanding.

As a former IT chief I'm used to lots of dog and pony shows and can easily separate the wheat from the chaff. This one had plenty of meat (to mix metaphors). I'd buy it tomorrow if it was available.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

My point is that it isn't available. It's all empty words until you have a working product on the market.

So many good ideas go to waste because they are never implemented.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have to go with Rasheed on this one.

I have seen so many of these pipe dreams... these wild cool demos that NEVER EVER EVER see the light of day. OR... if they do... they aren't even CLOSE to what was promised.

Maybe I'm not as cynical about it as Rasheed, it is REALLY cool technology (It's a shame that MS has it though ;) )... but I do see and agree with his point.

Time will tell.

-vern
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I was impressed.

BTW, do you know that MicroSoft now owns TrueSpace?