Lua Control Panel

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Lua Control Panel

Post by bupaje »

Does the Lua Control Panel have settings somewhere to make it popup? Not sure if I accidentally toggled a setting but can't find it and now certain operations seem to pop that sucker up -for instance if I click the add point tool the window opens.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Do you mean the "Lua Console" window? No, there's no way to manually open it - it just opens on its own when Lua has something to tell you, either an error or a printout by a script.

What does it say in the window when you click the Add Point tool?
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I'm not home now but it just said something like 'adding point with ...." and I think the file location of the script. Hmmmm....

[Edit: I had my wife send me my license for Moho and did a temp install here at work to test this. I have XP at home but Win2K here at work. I don't get the message here but maybe it is related to one of the extra scripts I downloaded; I know I have that modiefied magnet script and the Moho shortcut popup script, not sure what else.

On a side note I don't get the tool name popups on hovering over my tools here at work.]
7feet

Post by 7feet »

If it was one of mine, I was just going most of them to finally do some updates and fixes and realized that in at least one of them I had left a "print" line that was in there for debugging. Those always print to the Lua console, so if it's not open yet, it'll pop up. If that's the problem you can open up the script and get rid of the "print" lines in the code. Sorry 'bout that.

Or, I'm going to put up the updates and a new one or two in one spot in a little bit, so if that was the case you can also just replace them shortly.

--Brian
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks. I searched through the files but didn't find the guilty agent but now that I'm home and maxed the window I can see the full message.

Has the path to the script plus lm_add_point.lua:161: attempt to call method 'DrawMe' (a nil value)

(be good to be able to save this debug info or copy and paste -is there a way?)

Anyway the tool draws correctly so I don't understand why the thing pops and gives the error ...
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Ah, now I know what's going on. It sounds like you upgraded the Add Points tool, but not the Translate Points tool. More info here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... =add+point
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Oops, I missed that. That did it, thanks.