Version 5.6

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

deleted
Last edited by Rasheed on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moorsel

Post by moorsel »

Where exectly did you find the 5.6 update. I looked at "my stuff" and there was no update there.

Gr,
Frank
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

You guys bought it from CP, right? For those of us who bought it in the stores (Apple to be exact) do you have any idea how we'll get the upgrade?

In the past I just downloaded it from the eFrontier site (and my serial number worked with it). I'm starting to think that isn't going to be the case here.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

BTW You can't upgrade. I tried that, but it didn't work. You need to log in as an administrator, rename your old application folder, and then run the 5.6 installer. You are asked for your registration number and to register at Smith Micro.

Your mileage may vary on Mac OS X, because I have password protected my application folder, which is not the default state of the Applications folder. This meant that I had to log in as an admin (as was prompted by ASP).
moorsel

Post by moorsel »

I found this link:

http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/anime/updates.html

it refers updates for win and mac (didn't try it). I downloaded the update through cp and started check for updates and found this link. Might help other people therefore I posted the link.

Gr,
Frank
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

moorsel wrote:I found this link:

http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/anime/updates.html

it refers updates for win and mac (didn't try it). I downloaded the update through cp and started check for updates and found this link. Might help other people therefore I posted the link.

Gr,
Frank
This link is for AnimeStudio56E_W_app.zip - Does this mean this is not the Pro version - normally the code is AnimeStudioPro56E_W_app.zip.

Rhoel
JCook

Post by JCook »

This link is for AnimeStudio56E_W_app.zip - Does this mean this is not the Pro version - normally the code is AnimeStudioPro56E_W_app.zip.
I think you're right.

But, I just went to Content Paradise (as someone else suggested) and logged in and went to my "Stuff" page. And there is a link to AnimeStudioPro56E_M_app.dmg. So, I'm downloading it right now, and I'll keep you updated as to what happens with it.

It seems like they sure have taken a confusing and secretive route to upgrading this application. Very strange.

Jack
JCook

Post by JCook »

I just went back and looked at the file I'm downloading from CP, and it does seem to say that it's a version 5.6 upgrade (AnimeStudioPro56E), but the order date on the file says 9/13/06, so now I'm wondering if this is actually the 5.5 upgrade.

Jack
JCook

Post by JCook »

I've finished downloaded the upgrade and installed it, and it is 5.6. Also, my 5.5 serial number from e-frontier appears in the About box, so it seems to be registered. The creation date on the installer is 1/31/08, so this has been out for a couple of months, apparently.

I can't find a file or anything that tells what's new in the upgrade, so if anyone knows please tell us.

Jack
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

JCook wrote: I can't find a file or anything that tells what's new in the upgrade, so if anyone knows please tell us.

Jack
viewtopic.php?t=9168
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Rasheed wrote: ...image not shown...

Proof that it really is version 5.6
You're showing your registration key in that image. :shock:
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

So does anyone know what I can do if I *didn't* get the product from CP?

I've emailed SM but I'm going to guess it may be a while before I get an answer. Seems to me there ought to just be a link to an update file (that's what I did in the past -- it can check my registration number like it apparently is checking everyone else's to make sure it's valid).

Or is any poor soul would like to share the (PC) version with me (shouldn't be a problem as the update files were freely downloadable in the past -- once again, it has to have a registered product to work so it won't be a pirate issue) they can PM me.

(I'm not desperate -- while animatible layers would be nice they aren't all that important to my work, but I do like to have the latest, particularly if files are backwardly compatible).
Manu

Post by Manu »

This is what I found after 10 minutes of digging around on the Micro Smith website:

Anime Studio Pro 5.6 update (200 MB)

Anime Studio 5.6 update (20 MB)

It would have been nice if someone had told us though.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Indeed, this is Anime Studio (the non-Pro version). Your registration code will not work if you own a copy of Anime Studio Pro.

I guess we will get an official announcement soon, and I also guess that we happened to have found the files by accident.

@mkelley: I don't have a PC version, only a Mac version.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Manu wrote:This is what I found after 10 minutes of digging around on the Micro Smith website:

Anime Studio Pro 5.6 update (200 MB)

Anime Studio 5.6 update (20 MB)

It would have been nice if someone had told us though.
Hey, that's great!

About your last remark. That doesn't bode well for the level of support we're going to get from SM. I hope they'll improve.