General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

So it seems there is no Linux version... :(
jwlane

Smith Micro records not complete

Post by jwlane »

I finally took a cue from this forum about going back to Content Paradise, which worked fine for my Intel Mac.

I had gotten an earlier response from a support ticket at Smith M. The first link they sent was to the non-Pro version. Later, I got the right link sent to me, though I'm not sure about the registration. It didn't work on the first download (which turned out to be non-Pro).

I tried to register my license directly at Smith M. Anime Studio Pro is not on their product list as yet. This issue was also ignored by their support. With Anime Studio Pro having passed through 4 business entities since my purchase, I'm really glad this forum is available for ferreting out information.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Thanks, Manu, for the find -- I'm dling it as we speak and will see what happens.

I did try digging around but couldn't find it, so I appreciate your efforts. Pretty obviously SM hasn't gotten their act together yet, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt. AS is still a very new product for them.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

That update worked for me, so thanks.

Earlier I posted that I still think we should cut SM some slack -- the post hasn't made it here (yet?) but I do believe it. AS is still pretty new for them. If by the end of the year they aren't doing good by it then we will have cause to worry.
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Hey, where are the new features? I could not find the animatable layer ordering...
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Hey, where are the new features? I could not find the animatable layer ordering...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's an easy trick to upgrade to 5.6. Download the update from the link in Manu's post. Install it the a new directory. I created a 'Smith Micro' directory in my programs folder, and the same for my start menu (Windows).
Now it won't overwrite your copy of 5.5. Once installed it'll ask for a serial, but you can get around that. Look in your ASP5.5 folder. There are two file you need to copy and paste into the new ASP5.6 folder. They are 'AnimePro.dta' and 'AnimeProReg.dta'.
I created a separate desktop icon for each and named them 5.5 and 5.6. I read that 5.6 is not backward compatible, so just in case I need it..

Start the new 5.6, and enjoy. Animated layer ordering!!!!!

I just pm'd this to someone. I wasn't going to post it, but in lieu of (expletive deleted) Smith Micro's customer relations with AS users, I figured I might as well help pick up the slack. :wink:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Deleted
Last edited by synthsin75 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

I just downloaded mine, and I have to agree: it would have been really fantastic if Smith-Micro's customer relations department (if they even have one) were to have given ANY notification about the update!

Also, when I checked my content paradise account I didn't have a link waiting for me like some of the other people here mentioned. I'm a little concerned about that. I mean, if I wasn't regularly checking this forum I probably never would have gotten the upgrade!

Sinister things are afoot at the Smith Micro factory!

-S
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

I've downloaded and installed the update for AS Pro and it seems to be working just fine. I am surprised that Smith Micro just let this out today without any announcement at all. After all they did put out a press release announcing it a month ago, then didn't actually release it. Now they release it without a comment. Maybe tomorrow...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

That must be brand spanking new.

I was just there earlier today and I could swear THAT SAME LINK was for a 5.0 to 5.5 update.... not 5.5 to 5.6.

I remember looking at it and getting excited... only to be disappointed.

-vern
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Awesome! Time to play!
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Ok just here to confirm that I was able to download and install the windows version of AS Pro to 5.6. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a Linux version yet. Sorry Genete(hopefully it will come soon). Incidentally I just noticed we all could've saved ourselves some headache if we had just clicked on the "Check for updates" option under the "Help" menu in Anime Studio, as it points to links for all kinds of updates. D'oh!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Incidentally I just noticed we all could've saved ourselves some headache if we had just clicked on the "Check for updates" option under the "Help" menu in Anime Studio, as it points to links for all kinds of updates. D'oh!
Yes... maybe so... but I still think an ANNOUNCEMENT HERE would have saved all this aggravation.

I don't use that menu item to check for updates... I figure any updates should also be clearly listed on the website.

I am a happy camper. I am also glad some of the new posts I tried to put up didn't get through. :oops:

This is perfect timing. I am in the middle of some projects that could DEFINITELY use both new features (animated layers, improved texture fills.)

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That must be what happened. The sinister Smith Micro hacked our precious forum to coincide with the release of the update. Can't have loyal customers getting what they want. What if everyone came to expect that kind of sevice?! :twisted: