Moho 5.0.8

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Moho 5.0.8

Post by bupaje »

Hey LM, great update. Thanks very much for adding the split curve tool -very cool. :)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

YES!!! THANKS FOR ALL THAT WORK! UPDATES ARE GREAT!! :D
cribble

Post by cribble »

The Updates are great. I can not say how much i love the F5 function, coming from someone that renders every 5 seconds, its soooo useful.

Thank you :D i'm a happy bunny
--Scott
cribble.net
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Thank you so much for the update!

Bone dynamics work in particle layers. Here's an example:
http://www.lostmarble.com/misc/flying_frogs.mov
Any chance that you'd share the moho file for this? :-) :-) :-)
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Preview rendering: press the F5 key to render out a quick preview of the current animation.
Since this is using the sorenson codec, I assume that this feature is not available in linux because there is no quicktime support for linux?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

jorgy wrote:Any chance that you'd share the moho file for this? :-) :-) :-)
Sure:

http://www.lostmarble.com/misc/flying_frogs.moho
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

jorgy wrote:Since this is using the sorenson codec, I assume that this feature is not available in linux because there is no quicktime support for linux?
Unfortunately, that's correct. Since Moho does not output any movie format on Linux, this feature is not available.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Lost Marble wrote:Since Moho does not output any movie format on Linux, this feature is not available.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do you have any ideas for how to get linux up-to-speed with the other versions? Or are you pretty much limited to platforms that are supposed by quicktime?

(I ask because I was wondering about another thread here on the forum where users can animate an explosion with an alpha layer, and then composte it in for quicker rendering. I would like that feature on the linux version. :-) )
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It's really a problem of there being no QuickTime on Linux. QuickTime provides a really nice cross-platform (Mac and Windows at least) way to handle various types of media. Re-implementing these features without using QuickTime is just not something we've been very eager to do.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Thanks! I love to take things apart to see how they work.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

About the frog animation; I've noticed the slightly annoying particle problem that particles just "die" after a certain period. Is there some way to keep them visible so they just stack up or fade/scale away gracefully? Fade them out in the particle layer perhaps but that would require good timing I suppose...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Particles die after their lifetime is up (particle lifetime is set in the Layer Settings dialog for particle layers). There are two solutions to keeping them from just disappearing instantly:

1. Adjust the particle lifetime so that the particles are sure to be offscreen beofre they die. I didn't both to do this for the frogs - some of them die on screen and some after they've gone off-screen.

2. Fade the particles. The frogs, for example, have a lifetime of 72 frames. What you could do is go to the frog layer, and set it to fade out at around 60 frames. Then, as they play back as particles, each one will fade out starting at 60 frames, so that there isn't the sudden disappearance at 72 frames. Here's an example - I used the "Wavy Fade" script to fade out the frog layer - it is then automatically repeated as each particle approaches its "death":

http://www.lostmarble.com/misc/flying_frogs_fade.mov

(The fading may be hard to notice with all the frogs flying around, so try stepping through the movie slowly.)