Jerked and paused video

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EnDee321

Jerked and paused video

Post by EnDee321 »

Hi everyone,
Actually I never wanted to register as everything in forum was enough for me. But now I'm having my own problem and couldnt find any help from other posts. We (Me and my pal) are working on animation project for TV(PAL). Actually my pal is the graphics and animation person. I do technical/Video editing/Audio.
This is my problem.
www.FusionCrewMusic.com/Anime/TestVideo.rar (AS Render output with no editing)
The video doesnt play smoothly. There is a problem in video size (Wrong dimensions), but I dont think it has anything with this. Below the details of my process chain.
Composed in AS double size+25 fame rate (For PAL)
Export to MOV ,double size.
Edit in Sony Vegas and render to AVI PAL (720*576 / 25)

In final clip I met with this incident that the movie doesnt play smoothly. And I tried the things below.
Added motion blur in Vegas.
Super sampled in Vegas.
Added motion blur in AS.
Render from AS in half size (to original PAL size as the project is double sized)
And lot more combinations.
When the player size is small it looks good. But in full screen its a total crap. Generally I found that when PNGs are used, this occur. Please help me.

Here the project if needed. Very simple project with 2 PNG images.
www.FusionCrewMusic.com/Anime/TestProject.rar
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've opened the avi file in some video players and all them plays it with the same visual problem that you mentioned (I'm using linux). But mplayer complains: "hmblck: Image size inconsistent with data size."

I've opened the TestProject.rar file and the project settings tells me:
1440x1152/15. I think it there is the problem.
Didn't you mention that original AS output settings were PAL (720x576) double sized and 25 fps?
AS far as I'm on linux I can only export the animation as PNG sequence. I'll do it, compose them into a avi file and then reduce the dimensions using ffmpeg. I'll send you the file result if interested.
-G
EnDee321

Post by EnDee321 »

Oh sorry bro,
I changed the frame rate to test it and forgot to change it back. I corrected it and uploaded again.
Yes please let me know you results. Thanx a lot. See ya.
Genete

Post by Genete »

This is the your TestProject.rar after make this:
1) Change the fps to be 25
2) AS PNG sequence output
3) png2yuv command line to convert it to a yuv sequence.
4) ffmpeg conversion to avi format mantaining as much possible same quality.

http://rapidshare.com/files/95570373/tile_test.avi.html

And this is the the previous result opened with avidemux and resized using mplayer resize plug-in.

http://rapidshare.com/files/95571879/ti ... 6.avi.html

I'm sorry that I cannot make same test with windows tools but the fact is that a smooth movie can be achieved.

Sorry for the annoying rapidshare service.
EnDee321

Post by EnDee321 »

O my god good pal,
rapidshare.com is banned in our proxy. Anyway to upload it? if I create an account in my web space can u upload to it?
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

How much system memory do you have installed? For PC I think you need about 2 gigabytes of RAM to safely render HD content, and a fast processor for non jerky HD video playback. Not sure what you need on Mac or Linux systems.

If you're still having problems please tell us your computer specs(Mac/PC, Ram, processor, etc...), and which codec you used(h.264, DV-PAL, Cinepak, etc...). Try different codecs to see if you have the same problem.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've uploaded the avi files to your website. But the problem is not the avi themselves, the problem is how do you obtain and transform them.

For professional output I think the best choice is the png sequence and a good video compositor / editor. Everything you use that involves inline conversion to a movie format would need a lot of memory and a lot of processor than a simple png sequence.
-G
EnDee321

Post by EnDee321 »

Hey pals,
I have 1.5Gb system memory with 2.8 AMD processor.
SATA HD.
256 VRAM.
Windows XP.
I can playback any video including DVD s without any problem. And rendering process goes with no problem either.

From AS I render double size uncompressed MOV.
Vegas project -> 768*576 - 25 - square PAR - progressive.
Vegas output -> 720*576 - 25 - 1.0926 PAR (Vegas default) - Cineform HD Codec.

I thought its a problem with vegas output. And I rendered from AS to half size (768*576) and checked. still the problem remains. By reading your replies I guess thats the nature of AS output and there are things to be done in conversion process chain to target.
About the new situation, Yes I rendered from AS to PNG sequense (after reading Genete's post) and loaded to Vegas. And the final was better than the old results. But still cant say good.
Any ideas pals?
Oh Genete, I downloaded the files U sent. Thanx a lot for wastin your precious time for me. Now the problem is I cant play it in Mplayer or QT :cry: . Due to missing Codec I guess. I'll check it in my system tonight (I'm @ office now :wink: )
Thanx again pals. Please help me to get over this.
See ya.
EnDee321

Post by EnDee321 »

bro Genete,
I installed FFDShow Codec pack and watched your files. Yeah thats kinda smooth and better. And I rendered AS project to AVI using several Codecs in it and got good results.Thanx again pal.
So I thought to change my process in to this.

AS output -> Full size (Double PAL size) - 25fps - Square - PNG sequence
Vegas output -> Target size - 25fps

I need both AVI (For beta transfer) and Mpeg2 (For DVD).
I though I had better use FFDShow codecs.
Any recommendations for specified Codecs/Settings/bit rate/etc.. ?
See ya.