Lip Sync Program

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

InfoCentral

Lip Sync Program

Post by InfoCentral »

I know that there were a couple of other programs besides Papagayo that were posted here before Moho became Anime Studio. I can remember downloading them from this site. If I can remember correctly it was contained within the Moho help file?
JCook

Post by JCook »

InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

test
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Why is it I keep getting a 403 error every time I try to post a message but my single "test" message goes through ok???
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

OK, the two programs are JLipSync and PamalaLipSync. I contacted the developer for Pamala and she said that Papagayo was better and her efforts are now in developing this software. The only other software independent program I know of is Magpie which has already been stated.
OTOH, I know that ToonBoom has a build in lip sync program that you may be able to export into Anime Studio. If this works out than there is a cheep version of it available. I don't know if you would be able to test this feature out with the demo version though???
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

OK, I think I just figured it out. It didn't like the fact that I had the name of a programming language (also another name for coffee) in the message. I deleted the names that the programs were written in and the message went through. Whatever...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Strange since there is a discussion about "coffee" in another thread without that problem. It might just have been a temporary bug.

Is it... Java?

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

InfoCentral wrote:I contacted the developer for Pamala and she said that Papagayo was better and her efforts are now in developing this software.
In developing *which* software? Papagayo?

If she is the original developer of that program (or she simply has the opportunity to work on it -- I didn't think it was open source) I'd love to get in contact with her. As much as I love Papa (I can't think of anything else I'd want to add for lipsync) I think it could be improved with the ability to add facial emotions -- not just lips per se but eyelids, eyebrows, etc. I'd love to have someone work on this aspect.

Do you have an email address?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

heyvern wrote:Strange since there is a discussion about "coffee" in another thread without that problem. It might just have been a temporary bug.

Is it... Java?

-vern
Yes it was but perhaps it was the other one. I figured it to be java as I know that is both a scripting as well as a web programming language. I don't think it was -ython but perhaps maybe because it was contained within () it didn't like it??? At anyrate, I deleted that portion of the text and it went through.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yep, it wasn't java after all it was -ython that it didn't like.
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

I once posted to a math forum I frequent that contained three words in a row that happened to look like a SQL database query. The post was automatically blocked because it looked like I was trying to sneak a trojan horse database query into the stream.

It took myself and the moderators several days to figure out why the post was being rejected.

--gary
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yep, apparently it doesn't like you using the snake word in your posts.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

From now on just refer to it as "anaconda" or "boa constrictor" or "snakes on a forum".

;)

-vern
InfoCentral

Crazy Talk

Post by InfoCentral »

Call me crazy but I think you just may be able to accomplish the task with it and a heck of a lot cheaper than Magpie.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/
rplate

Re: Crazy Talk

Post by rplate »

InfoCentral wrote:Call me crazy but I think you just may be able to accomplish the task with it and a heck of a lot cheaper than Magpie.
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/
OK, you're crazy. Especially if you think that was good lip sync animation.
I guess it's OK, if you use a magnifying class to see the lips moving.
I looked through the gallery demos and wasn't a bit impressed.
I did like the emotions and head movements though..
.Bob P