Aticle: Greatest Cartoon Writer Of All Time

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Aticle: Greatest Cartoon Writer Of All Time

Post by DK »

I found studying the storyboards in this article to be extremely helpfull. Imagine if those guys had AS back then!!!

http://www.animationarchive.org/2007/03 ... f-all.html

D.K
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Fascinating. I counted 132 shots in that storyboard. I wonder how long that episode was?

Just recently I watched a single five minute episode of Fractured Fairy Tales and paused the DVD to count each change of shot or camera angle. In only 5 minutes there were 122 different camera setups! I imagine each of those setups must have been another sketch in the story board.

--gary
DK

Post by DK »

I LOVE Fractured Fairy Tales and all the early Rocky and Bullwinkle character design and animation. My favourite of all time is Chuck Jones, Tex Avery. For some reason the way the characters were designed and animated appealed to me immensly and have found my own artwork style has followed suit. I am currently i the process of analyzing their character animation.
I don't want to open up a can of worms on the forum but personally it seems to me that the animation these days is dreadfully lacking in the magic of the old masters. Having said that, I really did enjoy your animated story Fiz...I actually got a genuine laugh out of it which is more that can be said of the cannon fodder broadcast by some large networks.

D.K
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

If you're a Chuck Jones fan than I'm sure you're familiar with The Dover Boys.

Thanks for that comment. My next project is a bit longer, and I hope a LOT better. I'm working on the character designs now, and the script recording runs 9 minutes 30 seconds!!!

--gary
DK

Post by DK »

Great stuff. Those extreme poses....notice the inbetweening is mostly extreme motion lines and distorted shapes. Love it !

D.K