New Moho user speaks up.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pixelwks

New Moho user speaks up.

Post by pixelwks »

I just purchased Moho after fooling around with the demo and I really must say that this is a wonderful program.

The tutorials are great and this forum is also extremely helpful. As many before have said, the interface takes some getting used to, but once you do it is easy and powerful.

I do believe I have left Flash behind me forever in favor of this lovely little app. Also as a 3D animator, I really appreciate letting the computer do the tweens and this alone makes Moho a gem.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Beautiful work on your site pixelwks. Just finished watching "The Tale of Robin Ant" and "Ajacs" and the expressions and animation was top notch and tickled my funny bone as well. :) Glad to have you aboard and hope to see some of your Moho creations as they become available.
pixelwks

Post by pixelwks »

Thanks for looking bupaje!

I'm out of a job again so I hope to have something soon to show.
jorgy

Re: New Moho user speaks up.

Post by jorgy »

pixelwks wrote:I just purchased Moho after fooling around with the demo and I really must say that this is a wonderful program.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
I too must chime in here. I have been playing with moho since last September or so, and recently finished up some school work and now able to devote more time to this "hobby". Version 5 is awesome! The bone system is so amazing, and the flash export works really well for me. Hopefully, I'll be posting some of my work here in the near future.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I think we'll hear that story more and more. I had peeked at Moho a few times over the past year or two but money was a bit tight. The bug finally bit at the right time and it's my toy of choice since I got it a few weeks ago whenever I have a bit of free time -which is sadly not as often as I like. :) Look forward to seeing your work as well -and to future contests which brought a few people out of the woodwork.
marchdigital

Post by marchdigital »

I too have recently (well, the past few months) started using Moho to create a set of cartoons for TV for 'The Wiggles' (the 4 Aussie guys in coloured turtle-neck shirts). I produced a series of 13 cartoons last year using Flash and it was an absolutely horrible experience. I am now working on a second series and have left Flash behind in favour of Moho ... it has really saved the day.

I can truly appreciate the value of Moho over other tools like Flash and Toon Boom .... I can't believe I downloaded an earlier version years ago and dismissed it as being 'wierd'. I'm kicking myself now!

Anyway, thanks Lost Marble.
Chris Walker
March Digital, Australia
chris@marchdigital.com.au
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hey Chris, looks like I may have appointed myself official greeter. ;) I had never heard of The Wiggles but after searching see they are quite the phenom. I especially appreciate seeing other peoples efforts as I have zero experience and watching how other people do things, even how they handle stuff like camera angles and close ups etc is really enlightening.

So don't be shy and post you efforts. I suspect Moho is reaching critical mass and will soon become that 'overnight success' several years in the making. :)

@LM -don't forget us when you are sipping umbrella drinks on some exotic beach. ;)