Moho needs to be reactivated

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tendropchris

Moho needs to be reactivated

Post by tendropchris »

So I opened Moho and it said I needed to reactivate it. This comes as a surprise because nothing has changed on my computer that I think would have caused it to unactivate. I wasn't even sure that was a problem that could happen. I had been using it fine only a day or two ago. It gave me instructions to follow, but I'm not sure if this is legitimate or not.

It gives me an option to activate manually, but I'm not sure if this is legit.

On Smith Mirco Graphics forum, my license is listed as permanent and active.

Is this a legit problem. Anyone else ever have it?

I was just underway with my first big Moho project and I don't want anything really interrupting it.

On the PGPortal it gives e the option to make activation permanent (which I thought it already was) but says it will make the liciense read-only. What does that mean? Should I just go ahead and do that?
Greenlaw

Re: Moho needs to be reactivated

Post by Greenlaw »

I think the permanent option node locks the software to your computer. I would avoid that since I believe it prevents you from using Moho on other computers.

Technically, you get three activations, so you could be able to just re-enter your serial number and re-activate it. This probably also means you've lost an activation.

Fortunately, you should be able to recover any 'lost' licenses from your account at the PGPortal License Manager from the Help menu. (Sorry, I don't have details...it's been long time since I've had to do that.)

As to why this happens, if you're on Windows 10, maybe the recent Creators Update knocked out the license? I know it knocked out my activation for the render controller software I use, and I had to get developer's help to reactivate it.
tendropchris

Post by tendropchris »

Well, I've been trying to reactivate it for several days now. It tells me it doesn't detect an internet connection despite the fact that I have one. I tried the offline activation method and that wasn't working either. At first, it would tell me the activation file was damaged or wasn't compatible or something. (Windows 7 PC, tried downloading in several different browsers with firewall down so nothing should have been blocking it) Now, all I get is an error message on the site, and I can't get a new activation file.

I've contacted Smith Micro, to try and get some help and their first piece of advice didn't work. In fact it had me moving some program files , which caused some other problems with the program. I had to get a third party program to properly uninstall it. I tried a fresh install, and it still won't let me activate it.

I've seen some people online that say Moho needs to periodic reactivate every few weeks or so. Since I only planned on putting Moho on this one computer, if a permanent activation would stop this I'd be fine with it. I just need the copy I have now working again.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow, sorry to hear this. To me, this sounds like a firewall blocking the software's access to the license server but you say you turned the firewall off, so I'm stumped. :?
tendropchris wrote:I've seen some people online that say Moho needs to periodic reactivate every few weeks or so.
That shouldn't be happening. I've had Moho 12 activated on a couple of machines since it's release (almost a year?) and have not had to reactivate this version.

Sorry, I'm not sure what else to suggest but if I think of anything, I'll post here. Hope you can get it running soon.
tendropchris

Post by tendropchris »

It seems to be working again. I didn't change anything. Its just at some point it must have reconnected to a server or something and now its back to working normally and I'm going through some tutorials to learn how to really animate with it. Let's hope whatever the initial problem is, its fixed now.

Hope to post some of my first work with the software soon.