Illustrator to Moho 12 Colors Shift

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

Illustrator to Moho 12 Colors Shift

Post by jayfaker »

I finally bought Moho Pro 12 (yay!) and I'm trying to import characters made in illustrator, but just as in older versions of ASP, I'm still getting a shift in colors. I've tried .ai, .eps, and .svg and each of those formats comes in progressively worse. I've seen posts where people have brought in vector files with perfect (or close) reproduction, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm on a Mac (El Capitan), if that makes any difference. Please help if you have any ideas. Thanks!

-Jim
jayfaker

Re: Illustrator to Moho 12 Colors Shift

Post by jayfaker »

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/AKHzqo]

The left is illustrator, the right is Moho.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Have you tried SVG? I haven't used it extensively yet but the colors seemed pretty accurately matched when I was playing around with it a while back.

I've seen color shifts when using AI format in past versions. It probably has to do with the programs using different color space, although I haven't really played around with this feature enough to know for sure.

I would give SVG a shot. I just did a quick test and, yeah, the colors look accurate to me in the SVG version and much more saturated in the AI version.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Okay, I just did another test. It's definitely a color space issue. In Illustrator, select Assign Profile and choose Don't Color Manage This Document. That should export a Moho compatible file for you. (I think you still need to export AI8 format.)

Edit: No, something is still not right. I had it working a minute ago but I must have done something differently. Will let you know what changed. Hopefully a more experienced user will chime in before I can sort this out.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Thanks Greenlaw for trying to help me figure this out! I played around a little bit, and I got the settings above to work. I didn't need to change the color profiles. I had to do a 'Save as' instead of export, otherwise it wouldn't preserve the bezier points. I turned on preserve illustrator editing capabilities, but most importantly switched the CSS properties to Style Attributes. But the settings above preserved both the colors and the points.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for posting your findings!

I had to move on to something else yesterday but I still wanted to know what was going on here. I'll definitely make a note of this. :)
ruidelgadoalves

Re: Illustrator 8 to Moho 12 Colors Black

Post by ruidelgadoalves »

Hi there,

Even I save the file to the Illustrator 8 version, my vector colours are converted black in Moho 12.
The only solution is to use SVG Tiny 1.2

I'd like to know why I can't use an Illustrator 8 file instead.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards

RA
chucky

Post by chucky »

These save as settings ( even though for other apps) should be a sticky methinks!