ASP11.2 "stops working" in 32-bit mode

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nina_paley

ASP11.2 "stops working" in 32-bit mode

Post by nina_paley »

I keep trying to relaunch my file in 32-bit mode so I can export as Quicktime. However as soon as I click Control-E, I get a little box that says "Anime Studio Pro 11.2.0 has stopped working." Then it makes me close the program. Any advice? I'm using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4.
synthsin75

Re: ASP11.2 "stops working" in 32-bit mode

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have Quicktime installed?
nina_paley

Post by nina_paley »

Yes. But the "stops working" happens before I can even choose Quicktime, it happens the moment I hit Command-E.

--Nina
synthsin75 wrote:Do you have Quicktime installed?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You might need to contact SM support, unless someone else here has seen this problem.
emartin

Post by emartin »

Hi Nina,

I am a software engineer on Anime Studio. Any other information you could provide?

Do you think you could provide me with a crash log (aka dump file)? Try the Windows 7 instructions on this page. It should work for Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931673

Do the procedure on this page right when the "stopped working" dialog appears. The crash log should be named "Anime Studio Pro Win32.dmp" and should live in you temp folder.

I'll direct message you my email address so we can correspond.

Thanks,
Erik
emartin

Post by emartin »

Nina,

After looking at your crash's event report, I believe your issue is related to the reports we have been seeing on Windows 10 and 32-bit regarding Wacom tablets. Do you use a Wacom tablet?

This week we are in the process of testing the fix to the software. We hope to have a 11.2 software update out as fast as we can.

Erik
emartin

Post by emartin »

I misspoke in my last message, the crash isn't isolated to systems that have Wacom tablets. Windows 10 machines that have touch functionality like the Surface Pro, can cause the crash to occur.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

If I may piggy-back onto Nina's problem, I've been battling an issue with AS 32 Bit for quite a while now too. I haven't contacted support because I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my pc and not the software. But my problem started about the time I started using a Wacom in Win 7, about a month before the WIN 10 update. I was hoping Win 10 would fix it but it didn't. I'm running Win 10, 64 Bit now.
emartin wrote:I believe your issue is related to the reports we have been seeing on Windows 10 and 32-bit regarding Wacom tablets.
AS 64 bit works just fine, but 32 bit will not open on screen anymore. After launch nothing seems to happen but it does show that it is running in the task manager. I have to shut it down there before I can open AS 64 Bit. It never shows a dialog box with "AS has stopped working" or anything else.

I have been able open 32 bit a couple of times after trying various things like restore points and clean boots but after AS closes it will not open again. Now I'm wondering if it does have something to do with the Wacom installation.

Does this sound like anything else you have encountered?
Adam
GregO619

Post by GregO619 »

Yes, I am also having the same issues on my HP Pavilion (windows 10) with touch screen functionality. The crashes only occur when I actually use the wacom tablet. When mine shuts down in 64 bit mode, my 32 bit version will not work either until I reboot the system.

I am using a old Intous 3 but it is still the same specs as the new Bamboo. Figured it was a driver issue but now that I see others are having the same problem, I will watch this thread and look for updates.

_greg