How I deactivate all my AS 10 licenses (to reactivate it)?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lebostein

How I deactivate all my AS 10 licenses (to reactivate it)?

Post by Lebostein »

I did not know that activations are limited and I did not know that I have to deactivate licenses before I deinstall Anime Studio. Now I have tested different virtual hardware configurations of my virtual windows machine and I have activated again and again. And now I see the license warning and I can activate it no more. How I can remove all my activations? The warning shows an url for that but this url seems not valid...

What I have to do? Why there is no simple button in the menu like "deactivate all licenses"?

------------------------
PS: This activation limitation thing is a big garbage! I envy the software pirates, they can use the software without problems and restrictions. But the honest buyers have to deal with such crap! Arghhh.... :evil: When the software developers finally understand that DRM is useless? DRM don't prevents software piracy. The only thing that DRM does is to annoy the honest customers...
Greenlaw

Re: How I deactivate all my AS 10 licenses (to reactivate it

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I ran into a similar situation not long ago. You have to contact customer support and they will deactivate your three activations so you can reuse them. It is inconvenient sometimes but to be fair most software companies only give you two activations.

Personally, I prefer the Adobe CC model where the user can remotely deactivate his own license for all computers it's currently activated on, from any new computer he now wishes to run it on. This feature has saved me dozens of times when I used freelance at various locations.

Just curious but why are you running ASP under a virtual machine? Are you running it under an OS other than Mac or Win? Linux?

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

I contacted the support. Now all licenses are reset. Thanks.

Can I see my license status anywhere? Which computers on which systems are activated? How man activations I use?
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

What happens, if I upgrade from Debut 10 to Debut 11?
1. Can I use both versions parallel after upgrading?
2. Has every version 3 activations or all activated versions (10 and 11) using one license pool?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm using ASP but I have versions 9.5, 10 and 11 all installed on the same computers. Each version gets a unique serial number so I believe each one gets its own allotment of activations.

G.