Coloured keyframes please

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AngryMonster

Coloured keyframes please

Post by AngryMonster »

Hey guys.

I don't know if you can write a script for this or if it would have to be a software update...

anyways...

I would like the ability to change the colour of the Keyframe dots.

As an example - Lets say I select all points and keyframe them at frame 25
I would like the abiltiy to select that particular keyframe and colour it so that it stands out from the others as a major key.

This would also help as a quick way of seeing where all you major keys or poses are - with out having to scrub through the timeline.

My main reason for wanting this feature - is to quickly see important keyframes.

Thanks for reading
cableon

Post by cableon »

I agree -- isn't there another way to highlight keyframes than the onionskin indicators ? That would be a good help, especially to coordinate image layers...
Or are we maybe missing an obvious function on the timeline ?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If they would just add scripting access to the time line interface I could do all kinds of stuff!

;)

I want to be able to hide a bone AND its keys.

-vern
cableon

Post by cableon »

I have just been discovering scripts on another topic here -- quite useful indeed!

Speaking of the timeline, what is the use of this bright green marker which appears when you "Cmd+click" a frame (or Ctrl+click I suppose) on the time ruler (and disappears whenever you "Cmd/Ctrl +click" another frame) ?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you CMD Click you get the green. This is the "start". CMD CTRL will give a red highlight, this is the end frame.

Hit play and it plays that section. If you just have the green start set it starts from there and plays to the end. If you have the end set (red) it plays from the beginning to that point.

these are the key commands for Mac, not sure what they are for PC.

-vern
cableon

Post by cableon »

Ok thanks! This might explain why there aren't any more color codes on the timeline, which would probably be easier to confuse.

The "Cmd" key becomes "Ctrl" on PC, I guess...
Genete

Re: Coloured keyframes please

Post by Genete »

AngryMonster wrote:Hey guys.

I don't know if you can write a script for this or if it would have to be a software update...

anyways...

I would like the ability to change the colour of the Keyframe dots.

As an example - Lets say I select all points and keyframe them at frame 25
I would like the abiltiy to select that particular keyframe and colour it so that it stands out from the others as a major key.

This would also help as a quick way of seeing where all you major keys or poses are - with out having to scrub through the timeline.

My main reason for wanting this feature - is to quickly see important keyframes.

Thanks for reading
You should have a look to this:

http://synfig.org/Keyframe

That are really keyframes. What Anime Studio uses as "keyframes" is what in synfig are called "waypoints" or interpolations points. And yes that's a BASIC feature. Quick jump to keyframes and move its position is a major needed feature for Anime Studio.

-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes! Time line updates to the application...

OR... open up the scripting to the time line and I can add my own improvements. :)

One might be easier for the programmer than the other. I'd let him choose. ;) Or do both!

-vern