Request for top 10 Anime Studio Pro Version 6 Features

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jahnocli wrote:
Genete wrote:Recently used flies...
I didn't realise you were a spider!
oh no!, genete, they now know your secret!!
Genete

Post by Genete »

jahnocli wrote:
Genete wrote:Recently used flies...
I didn't realise you were a spider!

J
:lol: What should I do without you dear Janohcli!! :D
Genete

Post by Genete »

PLEASE! Include keyframes for Gradient's angle and colours!!! They are animated now, but none keyframe is written!!!
-G
donnie

Post by donnie »

Hi, Ive put these points elsewhere but am reposting them here in the vain hope that they're more likely to get implemented into the next version of AS!

1. Ability to move all keyframes through all layers (or ones selected by checkbox) on a particular frame to another frame. This is an asolute must for posing out timings. Right now altering timing in AS is a tricky business which is poison for animators!
Add also 'delete all' keyframes on a certain frame, and 'key all' (I know there are scripts availible but this really should be in the basic program-plus the scripts arent always reliable).
Also the ability to 'nudge' all keyframes up or down the timeline from where the cursor is positioned (like in Flash) would be an absolute Godsend!

2. I dont know if this has come up before but it would be fantastic to be able to use the curvature tool to be able to adjust the Graph Lines. This would enable easier manipulation of 'ease-in/ease-out' as well as overall fine-tuning of the animation.
I know bezier handles are out of the question but there must be some way to manipulate those curves beyond that of the 'fixed' interpolation settings, also we would need the ability to 'break' the curve at a key point so that the curve tool is only manipulating the section of curve you want..
This would really help us in creating better AS animations (avoiding the 'floaty' look).

3. I use tiffs with alpha for other projects but AS forces me to use PNG's which gives that weird outlining effect:

viewtopic.php?t=9418

and:

viewtopic.php?t=9261

any support on avoiding this would be great!

4. It occured to me that it would be pretty cool to be able to 'paint' your regions of influence.
This would mean that you could more accurately control what part of an image a bone moves (as well as quickly binding points), as of right now you are limited by the 'lozenge' shape that the current region of influence creates.
Even better if there were varying 'strengths' of paint, eg. Red could be strong region of influence, Orange Medium and Yellow weak. This would give you greater control of what a bone controls.
Even if you could at least control the shape of the 'lozenge' influence area it would be of tremendous benefit when working with bitmap based projects!

On another note it would also be great if you could colour-code bones according to what they do, and having the same ability to colour code layers would help organization of projects immensely.

5. It would be amazing if you could use the 'copy current frame' command to copy all the keys in all channels selected into frame one of an action - then it would be simple to copy paste poses. Also if you could copy a range of keyframes anywhere in the timeline into frame one of an action (without all the fiddly delete/move keframes).

6. The rescale keyframes function works fine for shifting a bunch of keyframes back in time, but if I want to shift them forward it does not work!!
At least I cannot get it to work as it just seems to 'mash' the keyframes together.

Say, for instance, I have a bunch of keyframes from frame 10 to 20 that I want to move 10 frames forward in time. I would set the rescale keyframes dialogue box to:

Start frame 10 - end frame 20 (if thats the last frame of your project)
New start frame 20 - new end frame 30

This simple shifting forward of keyframes seems to mash the keyframes together where the end key frame is in the right place but all the other keyframes are squashed up to it, rather than starting at the new start frame.

I hope you don't see me as being greedy by asking for these changes- I just want AS to be even better for all of us!

thank you for your time,

Donnie
kevin

Post by kevin »

I'm making a monster something like this:

In order to make the skin texture something like that kind of material what I'd like to do is use the spots effect but that effect just doesn't make the spots small enough nor close enough to get that. So, one thing I'd like to see is a better spots effect that'll make very small spots very close together. Right now if you apply several spots effects together on a shape you'll get a nice abstract effect but this tool could be used for even more interesting textures.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The effects are based on resolution. If you increase the resolution of you project you can create "smaller" spots.

Spots are "changed" when you change the document size or pixel resolution. For instance if you have a 320 by 240 project and spots set to a 2 width and height (smallest possible setting) and then you change the project settings to 720 x 540 the spots width and height will AUTOMATICALLY change to 5.

You see? Now the document is larger you can go smaller with the spots.

This probably won't help you with your project since there are bigger issues with using spots for textures for instance when scaling and zooming. Those spots don't render the same... they don't look as nice.

The main issue is asking the software to make spots that are "smaller than a pixel". That is the number used for spots. It is pixel based.

-vern
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

kevin wrote:I'm making a monster something like this:

In order to make the skin texture something like that kind of material what I'd like to do is use the spots effect but that effect just doesn't make the spots small enough nor close enough to get that. So, one thing I'd like to see is a better spots effect that'll make very small spots very close together. Right now if you apply several spots effects together on a shape you'll get a nice abstract effect but this tool could be used for even more interesting textures.
Actually. that would be Spotchly effect:
http://rapidshare.com/files/62862980/monster.anme.html

But like HeyVern Said:
Heyvern wrote: This probably won't help you with your project since there are bigger issues with using spots for textures for instance when scaling and zooming. Those spots don't render the same... they don't look as nice.

---Patiently waiting for the new version:
elbraMtsoL!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Render video from frame 2 and above and still be able to get audio included. At the moment you have to render from frame 1 to get audio included in the rendered animation.
kevin

Post by kevin »

heyvern wrote:This probably won't help you with your project since there are bigger issues with using spots for textures for instance when scaling and zooming. Those spots don't render the same... they don't look as nice.
Thanks Vern. Nothin's ever easy.
Christopher90

Post by Christopher90 »

Some of the featuers that i know,

1. Add audio soundtracks to animations. Anime Studio supports WAV and AIFF formats.
2. Import movie formats including AVI and QuickTime. Easily render stills of an animations and export as common 2D image formats or as layered Photoshop files.
3. Draw our own or import 2D imagery, 3D imagery or video files.
4. Anime Studio interpolates through a Timeline so we can avoid the tedium of frame-by-frame drawing and save time.
5. Output our animations to video, TV, and web formats.
5. Anime Studio Pro lets we create animations of unlimited length and file size.
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

Genete wrote:PLEASE! Include keyframes for Gradient's angle and colours!!! They are animated now, but none keyframe is written!!!
-G
Every animated element must have keyframes in order to edit or delete event. This point makes me think the "pro" edition of AS is not so. I have some troubles with styles included in this case.

ps Hello to all ;P
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Scripting:

Would like the M_Skeleton class NearestBone(vec) function to have an "ignore bone ID" argument like the "closest point" function has for the mesh class.

This would allow the creation of bone tools that can "ignore" bones that are "locked" or "hidden" by other custom tools or scripts.

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Well, as long as this thread has resurfaced, no harm in asking:

1) Allow mask layers to be "outlined" -- as it stands now, the mask will cut off the outline at anything it masks, making the whole idea of masking somewhat pointless for many effects (like eyes, for example).

2) Allow nested switch groups to interpolate. Right now if you nest two interpolated switch groups inside of a switch group the upper switch group will not interpolate even if both of the inside switch groups share the same number of points.

Being able to do this means you could set up one switch layer of phoneme mouth shapes for smiling, one for frowning, and then smoothly translate between them by simply setting a switch key at the "master" layer.

This would also be insanely useful in doing head turns -- if I had this I could construct a head turn without bones in about five minutes even on very complicated head shapes.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

1) More vector import support. PDF, WFM, ESP that works.

2) Change layer order any where in the time line.

3) Papagayo as a layer. No more going to a separate program.

4) Poser file import, with full 3d rendering of both poser file and AS so that every AS layer is treated as an Alpha Plane.

5) Steal, rip off, copy, Puppeteer in Daz studio.

6) 3d export. Someting like Vue Xstream.

7) 3d lighting.

8) Sequence import that uses pointers to the file instead of using the OS to load and runs out of memory on large imports.

9) Color picker

10) Well since I’m day dreaming, have the extra content as just that. Extra content in a separate download, a license that goes to the buyer regardless of the OS, don’t change the price and throw in Adobe CS3 for a dollar more.

Dale
mgummelt

Post by mgummelt »

Relatively new user, so I only have 5:

1) Vectorize imported images? I'm used to drawing in Photoshop, I wish there was some way to bring that art in and let me vectorize it - maybe some tool that tries to do it automatically, but even if it let me just draw my vectors on top of the image...? (I'm thinking of image morphing programs where you load up images and lay out control points).

2) non-rendering Sketch layer type for doing rough sketches that you can trace over with a vector layer to get better drawings

3) Runtime preview of blend modes and brushes

4) "+Add fill only to mask" Masking option so that teeth and irises in mouths and eyes don't draw over the mouth/eye outlines (such a simple addition that would make masking so much more useful)

5) Make the UI use more Windows conventions (MRU list, dockable work area windows, drop-down menus draw *in front* of those work-area windows, common windows keyboard shortcuts/combos - like SHIFT+click and CTRL+click to add/remove from selections, etc. - and more right-click functionality).

This last one is kind of crazy, but bear with me (and if this already is a feature, let me know cuz I'll use it all the time) - what if there was some way to do animation live, runtime? In other words, press play and have some method to animate the character in real time and have the program automatically record that and insert the proper keyframes? Kind of like 2D motion capture. I'm not sure how this would be handled as far as an input device... Maybe you could select one bone to manipulate realtime (just using the normal mouse input) and then hit "record manipulation in realtime" and it would start playing from wherever in the timeline you are and it would record what you did, then figure out what keyframes it needed to add in at what points in the timeline in order to duplicate what you did. Crazy, right?

Great program, having lots of fun with it so far!