sketch tool and frame-by-frame support

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

sketch tool and frame-by-frame support

Post by jhbmw007 »

Anything that's going to be animated, I always have to sketch the drawing in a different program and then bring it into AS to outline. Just a simple pencil tool would be useful to be able to do all the sketching in AS- something that doesn't create points or auto-smooth the curves- since the sketch will be deleted afterwards. Also pressure sensitive to light/dark strokes.

With the sketch tool should also come a better light table similar to Flash's. The current way only lets you see the outline of things that were drawn in AS- a better solution would be a brightened/semi-transparent of the image.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I second that. Badly needed, in my opinion.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

could be a "frame by frame layer", which could be drown with this sketch tools (i see several bitmap features) or using vectors.
it would open a lot of possibilities.
sciboy

Post by sciboy »

Same here, traditional animation is essential to me for planning out the arcs the vectors will take.
The Pen tool is a tad cpu intensive for me to be able to get much control out of it, raster is better suited in that department.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I always thought that was import to implement this in.
more 'analog' drawing tools, a scan and vectorize (with an option for bitmap and AS vector lines).
cribble

Post by cribble »

If the sketch tool WAS to be a vector tool, but reacted more like Flash's pencil/paint brush tool, i would find this very useful. And i can just imagine how flexible it would be for frame-by-frame animation then.
--Scott
cribble.net