Import Flash and other Vector Artwork

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you like a Flash importer in Moho?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5
HumbleEgo

Import Flash and other Vector Artwork

Post by HumbleEgo »

There's a handy plugin for flash that allows you to import ToonBoom projects. Even select individal frames to import. Any plans to have a Flash and/or ToonBoom importer?
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

how would you expect that to work???

wha does the toonboom studio plugin do?

.moho format is a weird format and relies upon moho to build... so maybe moho would have to export each layer out as a seperate swf and import each swf onto a new layer...

unfortunatly i dont think JSFL can actually automate importing of files... thats just something i heard, im unsure if thats true.
HumbleEgo

ToonBoom Plugin

Post by HumbleEgo »

Admittedly it's an easier task with ToonBoom to Flash., because they use most of the same conventions, just with different names, (IE - Symbols - Elements). Basically when you choose a ToonBoom file to import, a screen comes up showing all the scenes, elements and frames. You can either choose to import the entire project or just certain scenes, elements and frames.

When it imports, it layed out on your timeline, every element has it's owne layer, and each frame of the element is a symbol. Further, it's organized into folders in your library, by scene.

It's really easy and because I prefer ToonBoom's drawing tools over Flashes, but prefer Flash's tweening and effects, I just draw all my artwork in TB and import it. Now I've found how superior Moho is in certain aspects (bones, switch layers, keyframing individual attributes, etc.) but still prefer qualities of the other two. Ideally, I could use ToonBooms drawing tools, Moho's Animation Tools and pull it all together in Flash with good symbol use and action script.

I just though since Moho could import Illustrator, there should be a way to import Flash or ToonBoom or both.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

well if toonboom can export to ai or something, you cold import AI file into moho..

I dunno if moho's LUA api lets you export, or maybe change layer visibility, but it would be hard to modify toonboom's 'flash extension' to bring swfs into flash and organise them for you.

if moho layers have a red * next to them these means they wil lbe exported as symbols.

all bone animation etc. is keyframes. and tweens etc. when exported as swf's are keyframes, in any program.