Smart warp mesh cage

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ruscular3d

Smart warp mesh cage

Post by ruscular3d »

Animated mesh warp cage. Something like a magnifying glass moving over any object that can stretch or warp an image. Similar to the bulge effect in after effect.

Magnifying glass effect, flat tire rolling on surface. warp effect of blackhole across space. Its one thing to smart mesh a still object, but to mesh warp an area across the canvas is another challenge.
chucky

Re: Smart warp mesh cage

Post by chucky »

You can do that with pin bones or mesh , look for tutes.
Here's the simple pin bone for starters.
Make a pin bone flexi bound to your layer go to frame one and scale it up, boomshanka.
You can do the same with mesh and get a better fisheye bulge.
When the layer moves UNDER the pin or mesh to get that distorto effect . Try dragging the layer under it.

Victor's great tute
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I am so sorry for not following up on this, and taking a year to look at this. I am so flabberghasted in this solution. This is brilliant! Thanks for posting this. I do a lot of 3D program rendering and then turning them into smart mesh obj in Moho. Using another program that isn't Moho even if it just for images that can be smart meshed control asset for the animation isn't shared enough in the Moho community. I would love to see more of this in Moho.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Smart mesh experiments Image
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Whoa! That's amazing, Chucky!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Nice, Chucky! What does the mesh look like?