Interface Preferences

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Okay...
Why did i ask this? 'Cause i experienced a different "behaviour" of the moho windows formation, depending on different resolutions:

1280x1024

1024x768

960x529

848x480

800x600

720x576

720x480

640x480

For me it works best with 1024x768.
Nevertheless, after i rearrange the windows and open moho again, the windows keep the rearranged formation, AS LONG AS I DON'T GO BELOW 1024x768.

Maybe for your two monitors there is another "key-resolution" possible.
So i suggest to test it yourself.

I don't have much to do with dual monitoring, but afaik you need a software to get dual monitors work together. Right?

So maybe that's what causes the trouble?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, etc, etc, etc, all can figure out where two montiors are - Moho is the only software I have that can´t.
bonkabonka

Post by bonkabonka »

mr. blaaa wrote:Okay...
Why did i ask this? 'Cause i experienced a different "behaviour" of the moho windows formation, depending on different resolutions:

For me it works best with 1024x768.
Nevertheless, after i rearrange the windows and open moho again, the windows keep the rearranged formation, AS LONG AS I DON'T GO BELOW 1024x768.

Maybe for your two monitors there is another "key-resolution" possible.
So i suggest to test it yourself.

I don't have much to do with dual monitoring, but afaik you need a software to get dual monitors work together. Right?

So maybe that's what causes the trouble?
I suppose it's worth a try, but since I'm using LCD flatpanels, any resolution than native is practically unusable. :?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Sorry as i said i am not very familiar with dual monitors.
It was just a suggestion :roll:
peter.h

Post by peter.h »

Just chippin in my vote... since I have a 3-monitor setup, I'm for lotsa windows for instant access to stuff BUT also add some way of saving/restoring the layout so I don't have to arrange them EVERY TIME I start Moho! :)
BA

Post by BA »

I think the real problem here is that Moho never seems to remember the way I like to set up my windows, and so I have to rearrange them every time I open it.

Other than that, works fine for me!

>edit: ah, should've read the post above... well anyway, I second that!<
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
Voxel

Post by Voxel »

what'd be great is if Moho let us save different layout schemes - much like cinema4d does

then I can set up

animator
character design
set design

etc.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Toontoonz wrote:Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, etc, etc, etc, all can figure out where two montiors are - Moho is the only software I have that can´t.
I agree. I have all those and they remember window positions fine on dual monitors, but Moho/Anime Studio Pro always screws up the palette windows and the dialogue boxes with dual monitors.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i have two monitors and i haven't any problem.
uhm, maybe it's because i have configured it as one big monitor. nvidia puts new buttons if i want to expand some window in just one.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh yeah...

A friend of mine does that too. He has 5 flat screen monitors. I think they are all just "one big monitor"... that's how it seemed to me anyway when I was using his system.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

the problem is that my monitors aren't flat and haven't the same size, so when i want to watch a movie or something in full screen, it looks really fractured.

i haven't configured them as two different monitors because when i do it my pen only works in one monitor. i have a genius pen mouse 8x6 and no other solution.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

selgin wrote:i haven't configured them as two different monitors because when i do it my pen only works in one monitor. i have a genius pen mouse 8x6 and no other solution.
Weird, my WACOM tablet works fine on both monitors and I have them as seperate monitors, not one big one. I'll try making them one big one and see what happens with the ASP windows and pallettes.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

LittleFenris wrote:Weird, my WACOM tablet works fine on both monitors and I have them as seperate monitors, not one big one. I'll try making them one big one and see what happens with the ASP windows and pallettes.
it's weird, but it doesn't suprised me. the pen pressure doesn't work with ASpro and so far there is no answer about what happens. i'm a little resigned.