Brushes

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

formxshape

Brushes

Post by formxshape »

So creating custom brushes....

I created a set of pngs, made a folder, put that in my Library within brushes folder.
Go into style edit, see my multi brush there, that's as expected and working perfect.

Make a preset adjusting jitter etc, save brush. Look back into my Library>brushes folder, now have a duplicate set of my PNGs.

Having made several other custom brush pngs and then made custom settings in the style editor, I now have one hell of a mess in my Library>brushes folder.

Why is Moho saving duplicates of the PNG assets used to create custom brushes, when all that it needs to save is a reference to that folder alongside the settings for jitter etc?

Within the style editor the brush settings don't effect the actual png files, so there's no need to make copies of them.

I'm now wanting to tweak a couple of PNG's and it's getting super confusing knowing which ones are used in the brush presets I made, and also, I don't want to have to change ever png duplicate.
chucky

Re: Brushes

Post by chucky »

Yes brushes do need attention, especially the way the folders and organisation works.

I think the naming is all wacky as well, brushes is weird , the textures should be 'tips' or nibs or stamps or something,, if you put a row of images of say.... emojis in a row and apply them to a freehand stroke, how is that a brush?

Your concerns are valid I think , rest assured this stuff has been listed and one day.... maybe something might happen :roll: :wink: