De-Triangulate

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nina_paley

De-Triangulate

Post by nina_paley »

I'd like a "de-triangulate" option, to get rid of a mesh and just reinstate the points as points. If there's already some way to do this please tell!

Once points are triangulated, I can't get rid of whatever mesh is created, even when I copy and paste points to a new vector layer. When I'm making a complicated mesh layer, I "triangulate mesh" to check that crucial points don't disappear, then undo to add crucial points, and triangulate again. That's fine until I zoom out and see some crucial part vanished 100 steps ago and I can't undo that far and I can't simply copy the points I painstakingly made to start over on a new vector layer.
synthsin75

Re: De-Triangulate

Post by synthsin75 »

Think Chucky (forgive me if that's misattributed) came up with the practice of triangulating a reference of the original vector layer. That way you can keep and alter the original while triangulating the reference. It also helps to animate the triangulated mesh from the less cluttered original vectors.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

It was me :)
Checkout this video, might help...

nina_paley

Post by nina_paley »

Nifty! Thanks for the video. Will try it now.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Good luck, let us know if you have any questions.

I remember when 'This land is mine' was doing the rounds - only just put 2+2 together... really nice work :)
All the best!