CopyFrames Timeline Feature

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

CopyFrames Timeline Feature

Post by DK »

I make quite a few TV commercials and mainly render image sequences for delivery to TV production houses. They like this as they can go in and adjust individual frames etc when they are in post. Today I was getting frustrated while waiting for Moho to render a section at the end of a TVC that stretched for about 4 seconds and it was just a held frame. It took quite some time to render and it suddenly struck me how useful it would be if you could set a section marker in Moho that would tell Moho these are held frames, copy and renumber. It could save a lot of time. I think this could be also used in sections where you just want to hold a character for a second or so instead of having to actually render. Multiple render threads going at the same time is where this would be a real time saver.

Anyways it's just an idea comments welcome.
Cheers
D.K
hayasidist

Re: CopyFrames Timeline Feature

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - I like that .. I've also logged a similar request for fbf on other than 1s - just render the relevant frames (and then you can tell the compositor that the image sequence is (e.g.) 15 fps rather than 30 fps)
DK

Re: CopyFrames Timeline Feature

Post by DK »

Hayasidist thanks for the reply :)
I was beginning to think it may have been a lousy suggestion but I really think it could be of benefit to render times.

Cheers
D.K