Super Stroke Control

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TeVonH

Super Stroke Control

Post by TeVonH »

Finished a project recently, and one pet peeve I had was having to go in and edit each stroke shape by shape. So if it is possible to add a new feature, where it is possible to control all strokes in a document and/or layer at once, that would be great.

Regards,
TeVon
P.S. Use Anime Studio 10 Pro, so I'll know have to upgrade if it is possible. Maybe 11, most likely 12.
synthsin75

Re: Super Stroke Control

Post by synthsin75 »

Make a saved style for strokes.
TeVonH

Post by TeVonH »

Thanks, for the info, will definitely be useful for the time being. But it would still be nice to have a full document control, like a one-clicker with settings.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's basically what a custom Style is. Once you set it, it controls everything that you've applied the style to. So, in other words, if you have a style for stroke thickness that's applied to all your shapes, changing the thickness in the Style adjusts all the shapes at once. The nice thing is that ASP allows you to override certain style properties for each shape, so you can still have some unique settings for certain shapes if you need them. At work, I pretty much create Styles for everything--it can save me so much time when I get notes for changes.

In ASP 11, you can even move styles from scene to scene using the Library. (Previously, you had to import shapes that had the Styles applied and copy them from the imports.)

Just a thought...since you can stack up to two styles per shape, I guess you can apply a 'universal' stroke style for everything in your document if you wish, and then insert other styles in the second slot for the fill.
TeVonH

Post by TeVonH »

Oh okay, I see now, thanks for the clarification, never took real advantage of styles before, so its all new to to me at this point. I just need to remember to set them up before I begin anything else. Thanks to you both.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, IMO, it's good practice to do this early on in production as it can become a lot of 'extra' work if you do this as an after thought. It's also good to have a system for categorizing and naming custom styles. There are no rules for this of course, but I like to use part of a character' or prop's name in the style name. This makes is easier to find related styles quickly, especially if you wind up with a long list of styles in your scene. Naturally, you wouldn't do that with more 'general purpose' and widely shared styles.