Scenes workbook

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Thingy

Scenes workbook

Post by Thingy »

Hello

Having done my first main animation using Anime Studio Pro (New Video Post), I still can't help but think how clunky it feels -I know it sounds weird but in someways doing animation in Powerpoint was much quicker and easier - sadly it doesnt have anywhere near such good features as ASP11

One Idea I had about ASP would be to have a workbook file of scenes for an overall project - you'd work on one scene and get everything looking right and fix everything so nothing can change from one scene to the next - ie change a character's position in second scene and they dont go wandering off in the middle of the first scene. You then create the next scene, fix all the animation and create the next and so on and so on. Rendering the project plays back the different scenes one after another.

I know this can be sort of done with multiple files but its bit of a poor option and means its a lot more difficult to use the camera to sweep and move between the two scene files.
sillyanimate

Re: Scenes workbook

Post by sillyanimate »

Ummm....put the scenes in a folder....

Yes a scenes workbook would be cool too...
Especially since we have thumbnails and stuff
you can always edited scenes in a video editor, even windows movie maker....
Don't forget! No one is perfect!
hayasidist

Re: Scenes workbook

Post by hayasidist »

yes -- if I didn't want to use a compositor for some reason, the separate folders idea is what I'd do. And I'd start each scene at frame 1; and then use the sequencer to shift them to where they should start .. and I'd use a switch layer rather than manually turning visibility on/off -- the missing piece of that jigsaw is, IMO, something to help with the alignment of timing offset (i.e. the position as set in the sequencer) of each scene with its selection in the switch - but that's a pretty simple scripting problem if you wanted to automate or an equally simple manual task.

and, yes, PPT is way way faster for the sort of presentations that spawned the phrase "death by powerpoint" almost despite the virtues of its library of animations and shapes and integration with office and ... and if you really needed PPT stuff, you could always export it as a .wmv from PPT and stick that into a compositor (chromakey the bg as necessary) and merge in the AS animation.