Vector texture map on 3D layers

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jackmeaph

Vector texture map on 3D layers

Post by jackmeaph »

The 3d layers are uber cool. What would be a great addition to that would be the ability to map vector and other layers onto the geometry as decals. The placement could be controlled by specifying UV coordinates.

This would be great for things like having vector facial expressions on 3D geometry.
Yooperville

Post by Yooperville »

Not sure how Moho engine works, but if projecting a vector layer onto a 3D object would require major additions (seems like it would), what about animating existing .obj textures instead?

Add to my ignorance the .obj format, but looks like link to texture file contained in .mtl file. What if you could break that out in the 3D object's layer properties? What if you could work out some relationship between a 3D layer/object and multiple Image layers in a Switch layer by checking a box? That way texture swapping could be handled manually in the timeline. Maybe give a "Create separate Image layer for texture?" option during import?

Maybe scripting can already swap texture files at specific frames? Maybe I should quit bothering you and learn Lua?

Qualifications:

Very grateful for what's been accomplished in Moho 5. Unbelievable the styles of animation this app now supports. Hope piling on the feature requests when 5 isn't even out the door yet doesn't dilute your satisfaction over a job well done.

Fully support goal (mentioned elsewhere) of limiting 3D support to the level required for props and backgrounds. But think this would fit that. I'm thinking Grandfather Clocks, blinking lights on consoles, waterfalls, etc.. Would even work, in a limited way, for what jackmeaph's requesting.

Just a thought -- Greg.