Effects Tab

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EHEBrandon

Effects Tab

Post by EHEBrandon »

I think it would be cool to have effect features such as color correction, sharpen, glow, etc... To make a comparison the Japanese studio default program RETAS Pro has this. I think it would be cool if Anime Studio Pro had a enhancements and more effects added here is a screen shot from my computer of what I'm talking about.

Since Anime Studio Pro is the best animation software (in my opinion of course) it could do any style of animation as long as you take the time and effort to do it. I know we could use outside video editors for this but I think having the option for this like RETAS does is a really good idea. Not only do we have to spend less time in a video editing software but at the same time it makes the workflow a whole lot better. I mean come on anyone could make a Japanese anime or Disney style in the software but to give it that final touch... There is always the added effects to the animation to make it look outstanding. So what do you guys think? I think this would make a good feature for Anime Studio Pro 10.5 or 11..
Poptoogi

Re: Effects Tab

Post by Poptoogi »

Hi EHEBrandon,

Anime Studio does have an effects tab, it's located in the style menu. It doesn't have all the features listed in the example you showed and these effects are only applied to shapes but with that and the scripts provided there are already quite a few things you can accomplish within Anime Studio itself. Having said that, I agree that having photoshop like effects like your example would be awesome! I often wish AS had some of the tools and options that Illustrator has. Even so AS is @#$ing amazing with the features it has.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
synthsin75

Re: Effects Tab

Post by synthsin75 »

Most pros would do those effects in post, in dedicated software.