Layer Binding within Groups

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Green Walls

Layer Binding within Groups

Post by Green Walls »

I do not have a long list, but I think a nice feature---for those of us who like organizing our layer palette---would be to allow layers to be individually bound, even if they are within a group . Currently one can bind a group to a bone, but one cannot bind a layer within that group to a bone. Just a thought.
Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.
- Chuck Jones
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

I think a simple workaround to that problem would be to select all the points in the layer and bind them to the bone, which is the way you did it in versions of Moho before version 5.
Green Walls

Post by Green Walls »

The problem is I do not have the option to select and bind any of the layers within a "group layer" to bones (the "Bind Points" and "Bind Layer" options are dissabled). Also, when I bind points to bones, it "de-optimizes" that layer, so it is not optimized for flash/swf exporting. I would like to have the option to be able to select a layer within a group layer and then bind that to a bone, without "de-opitmizing" it.
Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.
- Chuck Jones
peter wassink

Re: Layer Binding within Groups

Post by peter wassink »

i'm looking for a solution for this... no suggestions in 15 year?
mhhh suspicious....
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

peter wassink wrote:i'm looking for a solution for this... no suggestions in 15 year?
mhhh suspicious....
This problem was solved many years ago by the introduction of the Bone nested layers control.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
peter wassink

Post by peter wassink »

Thanks for your reply Victor.
Sorry for my ignorance.
i'm working at a school with version 10, im not sure it has nested layers control.

The weird thing is, one student managed to see and use the bind layer tool when on a grouped image layer,
while for another student the bind layer tool remained invisible...?
this puzzled me

but we are on macs here and i heard AS10 is quite buggy on macs...

the situation is not ideal. i have version 12 myself, and find myself scratching my head a lot over this old version.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

peter wassink wrote: The weird thing is, one student managed to see and use the bind layer tool when on a grouped image layer, while for another student the bind layer tool remained nvisible...?
this puzzled me
there's a check box in the bone layer settings / bone tab - allow nested layer control. If that's not set then this could explain why the bind layer tool (and other bone tools) were not showing.