Wobbly Lines on Twos

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jeff

Wobbly Lines on Twos

Post by jeff »

I know it's a bit obscure, but one thing I'd like would be to have the choice of "noise" (aka wobbly lines) animating on twos. This would make Moho look even more like traditional animation, much of which is done on twos or doubles.

Jeff
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Are you saying that you want to animate your regular motion on ones, but have the wobbly line effect on twos? Why not everything on twos?
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Lost Marble wrote: Why not everything on twos?
It's true that line wobble tends to look a little frantic on ones, and has more charm on twos. But fast movement, and any kind of camera motion has to be as smooth as possible, and twos are too jerky for many situations. I agree that it would be nice to be able to select a slower speed for line noise without having to render the whole animation on twos.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Yes...ideally, I'd like to be able to emulate traditional looking animation, so the animation itself would be on twos and the noise would be also. (This definitely would not apply to camera moves, however!) I didn't ask for the animation to be on twos simply because, with a bit of effort, you can now achieve that in 4.6 by adding keys manually, but of course to have that done automatically would be useful.

I do realise this may well only appeal to a small number of users. Maybe scripting can achieve this?

With thanks,

Jeff