Timeline Scale Button

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rhenson

Timeline Scale Button

Post by rhenson »

Hi, since the early days of moho I laways missed a button to show more or less details in the timeline - something really comon in other applications. I found it really helpful.
Bye,
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho 5 (currently in beta) offers this - click the "Settings..." button in the timeline.
rhenson

Post by rhenson »

sorry, i didn´t expresses myself well. Less or more details means to be able to change the range of the frames we can see in the timeline: an overview for example about all 1000 frames or (more details) just about 100 . If I want to change Keyframes of a large animation with 1500 frames, right now it is hard to find my keyframes in scrolling through the timeline
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

People often ask for this, but I'm not sure how well it would really work. In your example, you want to see 1500 frames at one time. The monitor I'm looking at right now is 1280 pixels wide. This means each keyframe would be less than one pixel wide - there's no way you could click on a keyframe to move or delete it.

In an audio editor, whne you change the scale of the "timeline", you are able to see more or less detail. However, in Moho's timeline you have discrete keyframes. I'm not convinced it would be useful to have keyframes hidden from view, which is what would have to happen if you zoomed out.
zoiba

Post by zoiba »

Lost Marble wrote: I'm not convinced it would be useful to have keyframes hidden from view, which is what would have to happen if you zoomed out.
I believe it's not necessary to hide some keyframes, you could approximate keyframes positions so, on zoomed view, keyframes that lay close to others are placed all on the same pixel location. This way isn't useful to fine edit animation but you could get a global view of the timeline and you can move large groups of keyframes.
GusM

Post by GusM »

Maybe 1000 are too much, but not been able to see more than 4 seconds of animation at a time is a big limitation to animate in Moho. If we can use it in every Audio, Video and 3D animation app. I know of, I can´t see the reason why in Moho would not be equally usefull. If a lot of users ask for it, it is because this is something very usefull... for me it is perhaps the number 1 need...

Regards,
Gustavo Muñoz