Papagayo Integration into AS9+

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DrGhaedi

Papagayo Integration into AS9+

Post by DrGhaedi »

I absolutely love this app. It's intuitive, easy to use, customizable, and best of all FREE! But why hasn't it just been integrated into AS yet? It would just make life so much easier. Anybody else agree or have any better suggestions?
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist
Imago

Re: Papagayo Integration into AS9+

Post by Imago »

There are already a "basic" function in AS.
In the audio layer you input the text of the audio and AS do the trick.
Obviuosly the precision is way better with Papagayo, but for simple animations it will be good.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Yes, it would be nice to have Papagayo integrated into ASP since it is more accurate than the basic lip-syncing already in the program. You don't specify a platform, DrGhaedi, but if you happen to be on a Mac and are no longer able to run Papagayo, see this thread for some options:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23051
DrGhaedi

Post by DrGhaedi »

Thanks for your response, Ronbo.
I am currently running Mac OS X, Moutain Lion. And believe it or not YES you can run Papagayo on a Mac because I am currently running it on my MacBook Air. It does take a bit of tinkering but it is not rocket science in order to do so.
I used Wineskin and along with the Windows build of Papagayo to generate a wrapper to get it running on my mac. I believe someone else in the forum had the same idea. So far it runs beautifully. Moreover, I was able to update the dictionary with the latest one from the CMU website.

Ronbo wrote:Yes, it would be nice to have Papagayo integrated into ASP since it is more accurate than the basic lip-syncing already in the program. You don't specify a platform, DrGhaedi, but if you happen to be on a Mac and are no longer able to run Papagayo, see this thread for some options:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23051
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist