Improved .ai and fonts support

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

Improved .ai and fonts support

Post by Lukas »

Something that has been in the way a few times:

When you import an .ai file, the curves change. I am aware this is of the different kind of curves. But since it's a vector based program, and Adobe Illustrator is industry standard, it would be wise to support their files. Many designers work in Adobe Illustrator, and I have to keep asking them to save in .eps or .ai-version-8. Also, the colours change when I import them and I need to keep an eye on all the color-codes.

Several times I've had to import company logos, delivered in .ai, but ASP messes them up and I end up rebuilding them. But some companies are VERY strict with logos. Not a nice situation, but I really really don't want to animate in After Effects, I love ASP.

The same goes for Fonts, it would be great if ASP could make fonts look EXACTLY like they are. Look at the 'n' in verdana, in ASP it is curved. If a client specifies a font, I feel like I should serve them the font, and not a slightly changed version of it. I do like the new Text tool in ASP9, but there's room for improvement still.
HardikLakhalani

Re: Improved .ai and fonts support

Post by HardikLakhalani »

STILL Same Problem in "UPGRADED" ASP 11