Rotoscoping from video or image layer

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

poach

Rotoscoping from video or image layer

Post by poach »

Hi fellas,
I know it may be late to bring this up since version 5 is already in beta.

But is there any chance we may have rotoscope capablities in version 5, whereby one can use a video layer for reference ?.

I have always wished for that feature to allow more flexiblity, efficiency and experimentation.
myles

Post by myles »

Hello poach,

This is already present in 4.x (and 5.0 beta), although it may not be immediately obvious by the name. Image layers will accept movie files (AVI and Quicktime MOV - Quicktime works best) which you can use for animation reference - just put the movie layer on the bottom of the hierarchy, and remember to turn the layer off when you render :) .

You can, of course, also use this for cartoon characters interacting with live action - in which case you do render the movie layer :).

Regards, Myles.
poach

Post by poach »

What? Really? :D

Oh man please pardon me. I did not realize that. I have been using Version 4.6 for almost a year now without even realizing it :o
'Can't live without Moho. I've used it for most of my projects in graduate school at Savannah College of Art and Design. Even some of the professors are astonished and taking a closer look at the program.

Thanks for replying. "ll dive in and EXPLORE this feature RIGHT AWAY. It's unbelivable :D :D :D :D