Interpolation: random

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Interpolation: random

Post by slowtiger »

Today I had an idea in my sleep:

Add a new interpolation method for all keys: Random. It would work for all keys having numerical entries, but it should open a context menu for entering a numerical range. For coordinates it should be possible to switch dimensions on or off separately (x,y,z). It would also be nice to be able to just apply on selected keys only, or to add keys inside the selected range, but in freely defined steps: each frame, or every 2nd or 3rd or whatever.

Think of what you could do with it: automatic random flickering (on opacity). A flicker on the drop shadow, or on blur (some hint of maximum possible value needed.) Staggering motions anywhere (needs some trick to reasonably translate coordinate values into an easy scale). Random lipsync or whatever when applied to a switch layer (uses all layers inside as range).
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

like it a lot! I'm seeing flames flickering - size / position / colour / brightness .... maybe add an extra control: maximum change "per (key)frame". so you have a "permitted range" of (say) 0-100 but between sucessive (key)frames the change can only be (say) between -20 and +20