Eyedropper from images

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cucumihai

Eyedropper from images

Post by cucumihai »

I think this will be a great feature. I do my sketches in other programs like Photoshop and if i'll be able to get colors from images i'll spare a lot of time.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

It would be nice, but until then you can either load your image into the swatch window (unfortunately the window is kind of small) or use an external program like Pixie that lets you sample any color on the screen.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I believe Synthsin has created this already - he just mentioned it in another post but I can't find it, i think its somewhere in the VIP scripting section of the other forum (http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/) which takes 50 posts on the forum to access, so go there and get involved :)

edit: found it, it's called 'syn_eyedropper' when you get access to the VIP forum it's in the 'DLL functionality from a Lua script' post. It also lets you pick colours from outside AS!

from the thread:
"hold mouse down in workspace, then OnMouseMoved continues to sample anywhere. If you get the cursor outside of AS without hitting any of the window resize bars, yoiu even get to keep the eyedropper cursor."
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Is the Eyedropper tool a copyright protected invention of Adobe, that SM can't add this to AS? It feels really silly to have to copy the colour number, when you just as easy could have clicked on any colour outside the window. There must be a good reason they haven't implemented this feature by now...
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

If you need a color picker:

http://colorcop.net/

Copy and past the rgb numbers.

Dale
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but I think you are missing the point. I can get the colour code already by clicking an existing colour with the select shape tool, open the colour window and copy the code. But those are unnecessary extra steps. It just beats me why there isn't a eyedropper tool, which would make life so much easier.