forum request - rss feeds

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

forresto

forum request - rss feeds

Post by forresto »

I'd like to be notifed of new posts without coming to the site every day, how about an RSS feed for all new posts? I didn't delve too deeply into this thread, but it looks like it has been done on phpbb.

Edit: this looks like a more useful resource page: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=56
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I'd very much like that also. Nothing beats coming to me email in the morning with some tasty Moho news awaiting me.

Pretty please, Lost Marble? :D
Dave
myles

Post by myles »

Well, I'm not sure about which version of phpBB Lost Marble uses, and whether they really want RSS reading software increasing the load on the forum server, but here's a set of instructions that seems to be for phpBB2:

http://corp.feedster.com/blog/archives/ ... pport.html

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I agree.... this would be very nice.

It's a pain that the software doesn't keep track of what has been read and what hasn't - only what's been posted since your last login. I've been away from the forum for a couple of weeks, and after the first time back I don't have a way of knowing what I've read and what I haven't since I wasn't able to catch up that first time.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Could one of you forum admin types (Vern? Genete?) please PM Mike about this again? While we know he's busy doing such a mod takes less than five minutes (I know -- I just did TWO of my forums yesterday for a grand total of five minutes for both).

If he can't spare five minutes then he could let one of you do it -- I'd be glad to walk you through it, Vern. He'll have to grant you TCP access, but I can't see why that would be an issue. The enhancement to this forum would be immense (I never thought much about RSS until a member asked me for it yesterday. Now after looking at it I can't believe I never had it -- it enables us to see new posts almost as they happen, all without the hassle of having to click and read each one, and makes management of such information a snap).

I'm going to violate rules and cross post this -- it's too important not to have someone notice this (which wouldn't be a problem with RSS Feeds :>)