Asset management tools

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mikeO

Asset management tools

Post by mikeO »

I think Anime Studio Pro really needs some asset management tools for images and quicktimes; especially in a production environment where many different shots need to reference a centralized universal asset folder. Broken image links are much more frustrating to resolve than they should be, often involving revising .anme files in a text editor. Here are some suggestions:

In Layer Settings under the Image tab, we should be able to see the image's file path. It would also be extra nice to be able to revise that path. (relinking it via the Source image button usually causes scaling inconsistencies.)

absolute vs relative paths:
When working with an image that must be accessed through a parent directory of your scene (common when working in a production environment), Anime Studio uses and absolute file path. This causes image links to break if a system admin makes any changes in the root directory structure. If the user could choose to use a relative path instead, this can be avoided.

Features like these will make Anime Studio work much better for professional artists working on larger-scale projects.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I agree with you, but anyway, I draw a pseudo tutorial about saving files with no problems.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mikeO

Post by mikeO »

That is helpful, but this file structure can get pretty messy when you're working on a project with many shots and many versions of each. When working with Maya, After Effects, or video editing, it's standard to have your project files in one folder and your assets and source files in another.
dm

Post by dm »

I agree, ASP doesn't have asset management tools.

read this: viewtopic.php?t=13818

my experiences with it, some suggestions from others.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Agreed asset management is AS is a disasaaaster.