I know Moho 5 isn't even released

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stalti

I know Moho 5 isn't even released

Post by stalti »

... but here is my wishlist :-)

Please Mohoans reply ... i'm very interested in your answers ...
(some wishes might be fullfillable with LUA ...)

Camera
=====
- possibility to change the viewing angle (animatable)
- direct editing of control points on camera path, instead of having to move to keyframe first (realtime update, see later)
- indication of where the camera path intersects with the layer!!!
- an options to ALWAYS (, not just in "camera-mode") hide or show the camera path

Timeline
======
- show keyframes (circles) in graph mode
- thinner, antialiased lines in graph mode
- icons in menue for ease in, linear, etc ... (the curve ... or what does it mean exactly?!)
- more detailed editing of ease in, linear, etc ... F-Curves ... between different frame/frames (new window)
- zoom tool in graph mode instead of having to guess the appropriate scale
- possibilty to edit keyframes (move, delete, etc.) in graph mode
- realtime update of changes made on keyframes or in drawing windows ... not just only on mouse-up-event

Grids
===
-Perspective grid (like these used in traditional animation and drawing) ... might be possible with Moho-Lua
- Traditional animation grids (fieldcharts and the like) ... Moho-Lua?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Well, a few things.

If what you mean by viewing angle is the apparent "focal length" on the camera, that get a big vote from me, as well as the show/hide and direct editing for the camera path.

Although it seems a little buggy yet, if I've alternated right and left clicks on the keyframe parameter buttons on the right side of the timeline in pretty much a random order, eventually the keyframe circles will magically appear. I'd figure LM is aware of that one, but it doesn't hurt to point it out. Once they appear, you can edit them to you're hearts content. In this mode it is a realtime update.

If you set the default graph scale to a pretty small value, you can always maximize and center the graphs to the size of the timeline window.

The rest, I dunno. Haven't had a chance to play with the scripting yet, though I can see a lot of possibilities. But I'm not such a coding whiz that I think I'll get anywhere without a pretty thorough description of the API.

--Brian
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Camera focal length: use the Zoom camera tool. That's what it does - adjust the focal length. In the tool's settings below the menu bar, you can adjust the field of view numerically. Focal length and field of view are the same thing, just measured in different units. The default field of view in Moho is 60 degrees, which is just about the same as a 35mm camera lens.

As far as the timeline's graph mode: You can certainly view and edit the keyframes in graph mode. However, not all the curves will display their keyframes - you can only show the keyframes of a single animation channel at a time. Double-click the channel icon you want to edit, and its keyframes will appear. You can then drag them around to edit them. Take a look at Tutorial 14 in the 4.x manual for more info.

To easily adjust the scale of the graph, open up the Graph Mode popup panel in the timeline. Position your mouse over the Scale or Offset fields, and roll your mouse wheel up and down to adjust those values.
stalti

Post by stalti »

Wow :P
Nearly all of my wishes fullfilled within an hour ... if life would always be like this!
Very cool!!!!

Thanx ALOT!!!!!!
(Also for the quick reply! Now THAT is customer friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Very nice freetings from Vienna!!!