grey what is outside the ouput

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DominiqueBray

grey what is outside the ouput

Post by DominiqueBray »

Hello

Here is just a little request of no big importance, but I think it would be quite useful.

For now, we can either fully see the parts that are outside the output :
or checking "Show Output Only" to make them fully disappear :

I think it would be cool, and better in my own opinion, to also be able to get this :
You still see your whole objects, but what is outside the output is greyed.

Of course I know we can do this with a layer, I do it, but it would be better to have it in the software instead of creating such a layer each time.

Thanks to read my request. ;)
________
Ferrari 312
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Hi, I do that too - with 'show transparency' checked in the display quality dialogue.

Remember to check the 'immune to camera movements' box also.

In version 6 you could always put this Framing layer you created into the library (just save it as a .anme file with only that layer in it and stick it in the Library Folder, you can also organize this to how you like), so then you only have to double click on it and Boom! - its in your scene.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hey, that's quite nice. I never thought of doing that. You could also have that as your startup file. Your name is 'startup.anme' I think and replace the old startup file somewhere in the AS directory. its somewhere there.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Good idea MikDog - think I'll do just that!